Meal Site Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
Boston Globe's Top Places to Work Multi Year Winner !!!
As a Meal Site Coordinator you will manage the overall operation for a meal service site.
This is a part-time position. You will work approximately 3.5 hours per day, from 10 am – 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Essential functions are below. Additional duties may be assigned as required
- Daily serving of lunch following the pre-established menu and portion guidelines
- Monitors the quality and quantity of food delivered to the meal site and reports any problems immediately to the nutrition office
- Supervise meal site volunteers and assist with recruitment of new volunteers.
- Manage the donation money box and locking it up securely at the end of the meal service every day
- Maintain an accurate meal reservation system and notifying the nutrition office of the count each day no later than 12:30 p.m.
- Order and maintain a proper supply of meal service products, condiments, etc.
- Compile and submit accurate monthly reports on a timely basis
- Attend mandatory monthly Nutrition Program staff meetings
- Establish effective working relationships with participants and volunteers, and Council on Aging staff if applicable
- Daily clean-up of site after meal service
- Provide coverage at any of the Mystic Valley meal sites as requested
- Maintain serve safe certification annually and ensure that serve safe guidelines are followed at all times
- Maintain choke safe certification annually
- Ensure that all new participants provide required information using the current NAPIS form.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to relate well to older people.
- Ability to supervise volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Food service experience preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to foster a welcoming and inviting dining atmosphere for participants.
Mystic Valley Elder Services is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Mystic Valley Elder Services
Real EstateView all jobs at Mystic Valley Elder Services