Partnership Sales Representative
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Partnership Sales Representative is responsible for developing and executing sales strategies to generate partner participation for the CVB’s Amplified Marketing Programs (AMP). The AMP program allows Chamber members flexible opportunities to participate in Visit Myrtle Beach’s marketing and sales programs. This position will work closely with the Marketing Partnerships Program Manager and other staff to identify and qualify potential partners, develop proposals, and secure partner sales contracts. The Partnership Sales Rep will also be responsible for maintaining and growing existing partner sales as well as collaborate with the Chamber’s Business Development team to generate investor leads.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Develop and execute sales strategies to generate new partnerships and participation in the CVB’s Amplified Marketing Programs (AMP).
- Identify and qualify potential partners that would benefit from the CVB AMP offerings.
- Develop proposals and close sales for the CVB AMP offerings.
- Maintain and grow existing partner participation, including securing annual renewals.
- Secure and attend in person and online meetings to present program offerings and secure contracts.
- Complete weekly pipeline and sales activities reports and submit to Marketing Partnership Manager.
- Maintain detailed and accurate sales materials and customer communications, including sales contracts and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) records.
- Participate in area CVB or industry events to support partnership relationship building.
- Stay up to date on CVB marketing activities, partner programs, and industry trends.
- Participate in all marketing activities to collaborate with the CVB marketing team.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team to generate investor leads.
- Other duties as assigned as by the Chief Marketing Officer and VP, Brand and Communications.
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree with an accredited college university in a related field and experience preferred.
- Two years of experience in sales or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Knowledge of tourism and hospitality marketing and customer relationship management a plus.
- Strong sales and effective sales presentation skills, including highlighting the right opportunities and benefits as appropriate for partners.
- Excellent communications skills, including strong writing, verbal, and electronic communications skills.
- Proficient and comfortable delivery in public presentations.
- Self-motivated, high energy, and organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and discretion make decisions necessary to achieve success in assigned areas.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficient knowledge of tracking sales and customer relationship management activities in a CRM.
- Confidence in oneself and the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber and CVB at the highest level and ability to close the sale and persevere over objections and rejection.
- CVB Sales Accountability: CVB partnership sales goals and deliverables are met on time and within budget and sales meet or exceed established goals and objectives. Sales activities are tracked with regular reports on performance.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others, including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Chamber. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT
- Frequent periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer using eye-hand coordination.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds at a time.
- Travel to client in a motor vehicle for visits on frequent basis in changing climate conditions.
Our mission is to promote, protect and improve business in the Myrtle Beach area. The chamber serves Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach, Little River, Atlantic Beach, Garden City Beach, Loris, Conway, Aynor, Murrells Inlet, Litchfield Beach, Pawleys Island, Socastee and Carolina Forest.
Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce
1200 N. Oak StreetWilmington, NC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.