Registered Client Associate/Paraplanner
Our client is seeking career-driven candidates to join their firm and play a key role in their financial advisory practice. The Registered Client Associate/Paraplanner position is critical for providing both internal and external support for clients, advisors, and managers. This position will help candidates build a suitable foundation in the financial services industry as the position is expected to evolve into a Relationship Manager and eventually a Financial Advisory role or other leadership position. If you are passionate about assisting clients, developing lasting relationships, embracing challenges, providing outstanding customer service, and starting a meaningful career, we strongly encourage you to apply.
The Registered Client Associate/Paraplanner will mainly assist the firm advisors with workflow management while delivering a superior experience for the clients. This role will provide client relationship support by managing, gathering, and analyzing data, helping prepare strategic recommendations, prepping advisors for client review meetings, and resolving other issues and tasks as necessary.
Primary Job Duties:
• Provide technical support to the Client Account Manager/Relationship Manager
• Responsible for data gathering, modeling, case design, plan development, presentation development
• Participation in client meetings (not in an advice capacity)
• Remain up-to-date on various funds, strategies, and industry knowledge
• Provide insight on funds and answer client questions when applicable
• Develop and follow-through with professional development goals
• Complete compliance-related education within required deadlines
• Act as primary back-up to Financial Advisor, as needed and requested
Client and Account Management:
• Responsible for ensuring all client needs and questions are promptly and accurately addressed
• Help clients navigate online web access
• Update client account personal information as requested
• Create and maintain client accounts
• Compile and complete firm paperwork
• Review and maintain client transactions and activity
• General support of portfolio and investment strategies
• Coordination of financial planning and wealth management to include
• Attend and actively participate in client and internal team and strategy meetings
• Compile reports for executives, clients, and managers
• Monitor the performance of funds
• Create portfolio review reports
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, completed college coursework in conjunction with work experience will also be considered
• 3-5 years’ experience in finance or any related field, including billing, accounting, purchasing, mathematics, etc.
• FINRA Series 7 required
• CFP designation highly desired
• Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
• Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
• 401(k) including employer match
• We will be moving to a brand new office in May 2020
• Business casual dress code
More about our client:
Recognized in Forbes and Shook as one of the premier wealth managers in Virginia, our client serves wealthy investors across multiple states seeking enhanced customization of unbiased and objective financial advice. They work diligently to provide a superior client experience to help their clients build, manage, and preserve wealth so that they can achieve their life goals.
The firm will soon be relocating to a modern, newly updated office in the internationally known town of Reston, Virginia. Their goal is to serve their clients, earn their loyalty and trust, and form a relationship that lasts a lifetime.
Qualified and energetic candidates who wish to be considered for the Registered Client Associate/Paraplanner position are encouraged to submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.