Mynela Staffing is currently seeking Medical Assistants for full time 8 week contract opportunities (possibly longer).
Must have at least 2 years of recent Medical Assisting experience and be able to start on 3/9/2020. Must have previous EPIC experience.
Day Shifts: Mon-Fri
- Credentialed medical assistants will enter orders into the medical record for purposes of including the order in the numerator for the objective of CPOE if they can originate the order per state, local and professional guidelines.
- Performs nursing procedures under supervision of Physician, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner
- Assist Physician, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner in exam rooms
- Escort patient to exam rooms, obtain medical history, review/update medication list, measure vital signs including height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, oxygen saturation, temperature, and documents all information in patient’s EMR.
- Prepare and administer medications (topical, oral, injections) as directed by Physician, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner.
- Authorize drug refills (per Physician, Physician Assistant, and Nurse Practitioer) and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Performs routine lab tests (urinalysis, rapid strep, A1C, etc) and logs accordingly in patient’s EMR.
- Change dressing on wounds.
- Perform EKG’s
- Give instructions (treatment procedures, medications, etc) to patients as directed.
- Ensure all related reports, labs, and information is available in patient’s medical records prior to their appointment.
- Keep exam room clean and stocked with adequate medical supplies.
- Take telephone messages, provide feedback, and answers to Patient, Physician, and Pharmacy calls.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff.
- Maintian logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, expired medications, emergency medications)
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies
- All other duties as assigned by Lead Nurse or Practice manager