Production Manager - Myers Container
Myers Container A Stavig Group Company Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you are looking for an innovative and sustainable company that is committed to continuous improvement, then Myers Container is the company for you.
At the Portland plant we manufacture new steel drums, reconditioned steel drums. We are a family owned company that takes pride in being the preferred supplier to our customers by providing the best quality, value, and service while leading in sustainability and safety.The Production Manager will oversee all production activities at our small NE Portland plant. This position will also provide back-up and assistance to the plant manager in all areas as directed. (single day shift, no Sundays) Pay Range: $60,000 - $70,000 annually
- Directs daily, hands on, involvement on the shop floor in the areas of quality and safety.
- Conducts morning start-up meetings to review production schedule and confirms attendance.
- Conducts start-up Gemba walk to confirm people, equipment and material readiness.
- Audits cell huddles for start and stop time, adherence to plan, and accuracy of data.
- Assists plant manager and leads with Gemba walks throughout the day, focusing on waste and deviation from standard.
- Schedules job responsibilities for employees based on daily work schedules.
- Manages the schedule board to keep the team informed and to minimize downtime between work orders. Sets the schedule for the next day.
- Verifies daily 6S is followed and complete.
- Checks cycle times with supervisors and leads.
- Ensures team member operate and maintain equipment.
- Ensures successful execution of cycle counts.
- Updates and maintains document control for leader standard work.
- Responsible for production side of failsafe calendar.
- Work with team to solve issues based on down time results.
- Trains team members to meet production requirements.
- Develops supervisors for backup to production manager.
- Coaches leads based on feedback from daily cell huddles.
- Brings issues and concerns to plant manager and to MDI meetings.
- Follows up on RIE activities.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding how to apply lean tools (standard work, TPM, 5S, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Microsoft AX.
- Ability to oversee and facilitate continuous improvement projects.
- Ability to provide leadership and accountability for all operators, leads and supervisors.
- Ability to work in cross-functioning teams.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deliverables.
- Ability to read, write, type and speak English.
- Ability to work off-shift as required to support plant goals.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum High School/GED. Associate's degree (2 years) or Bachelor's degree (4 years) preferred in business management, manufacturing, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years' manufacturing in a related field and 2 years' leadership experience.
- Sitting - required to sit for extended periods of time
- Speaking expressing ideas and instructions (constant)
- Listening interpreting comments and instructions received (constant)
- Frequent walking to move from various locations within the plant
- Climbing stairs (occasional)
- Frequent use of hands and wrists for writing and keyboarding.
- Visual acuity to be able to read printed documents and computer screens.
When working in the Shop:
- Standing - required to remain on feet for extended periods of time
- Pulling/Pushing required to exerting force on a regular basis
- Lifting - required at time to raise or lower objects from one level to another with a weight of 30-50 pounds
- Grasping - regularly required to pick up objects with fingers
- Reaching - required to use the hands and arms to reach for objects
- Noise - exposed to loud noise inside the plant and required to wear earplugs in the plant at all times.
- Heat exposed to high temperatures during summer months.
- Cold - exposed to low temperatures during winter months.
- Mechanical - exposed to mechanical hazards.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Myers Container A Stavig Group Company
ManufacturingView all jobs at Myers Container A Stavig Group Company