Manufacturing QC Engineer
- Expired: February 27, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mycoworks is seeking a talented Manufacturing Quality Control (QC) Engineer to support the Quality Control team at the manufacturing site. The candidate will work cross-functionally with individuals and departments such as Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Operation, Facility Maintenance, and Engineering. This candidate will also work closely with the core quality team for new quality initiatives and programs that are required to be implemented at the manufacturing site.
The role will require the candidate to support the knowledge transfer from process development and process engineering to quality with a key focus on statistical process control, quality standards, and continuous improvement. The goal will be to ensure the compliance of the key quality parameters for the manufacturing of biomaterials- Fine Mycelium.
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving, and experience in improving product quality by making recommendations for change based on process data analysis. The ability to create the company's quality standards and test quality systems to reflect efficiency, reliability, and performance is highly desired. The individual will be expected to work in a deliverable-based atmosphere with quality metrics used to assess outcomes.
This is an on-site role at our manufacturing plant in Union, South Carolina.
- Managing incoming material inspection and sampling strategies
- Managing internal inspection methods to analyze product quality
- Monitoring and analyzing incoming material and product quality performance
- Developing inspection and testing methods for equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met
- Leading a quality's daily direction setting (DDS) review with the team
- Ensuring manufactured products adhere to customer quality standards
- Brainstorming ideas to create solutions for identified problems
- Reviewing data results and findings after inspections are carried out
- Implementing a working system to ensure conformity and accuracy in quality control process
- Identifying and addressing process deviations that could result in product quality losses and/or lower product reliability
- Recording and analyzing data, managing documentation, and communicating/ presenting results within and outside the team
- Facilitating discussion on the investigation of product failures or complaints with cross-functional teams
- Continuously identify areas for quality improvement and engage the team to implement effective solutions
- Facilitating discussions on internal CAPA with cross-functional teams at the manufacturing level
- Managing product reviews before release for shipping
- Support cleaning validation
- Support SOP writing
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience as a QC Engineer or Process Engineer, or similar role in food, consumer products, biotechnology, or related industries
- BS or MS in science or engineering, or a relevant field
- Experience in coaching a functional team
- Experience in quality assurance and quality control environments required
- Experience in establishing standard quality for new product validation is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to deliver clear, compelling, and effective technical presentations
- Capable of working individually and as a part of a team
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours to meet the requirements of the position
- Comfortable with autonomy and a deliverable-oriented approach
- Good critical thinking and experimental design skills
- Good problem solving skills, knowledge of formal problem solving tools
- Excellent working knowledge of data analysis, statistical methods, and data reporting
- Six sigma certification- green belt or above is a plus
- Additional quality assurance certification, such as Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is a plus
- Must lead by example on adhering to all best practices and safety protocols
- Highly adaptable to the dynamics of a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Must be able to follow cleanroom and safety practices
ManufacturingView all jobs at MycoWorks
Get fresh Qc Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.