Production / Process Engineer
MycoTechnology, Inc Aurora, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Purpose of Position:
MycoTechnology is searching for a qualified, innovative Production/Process Engineer to join our growing organization. In this position, you will oversee and improve production processes in our facility. Engineering aptitude, a high attention to detail, and the ability to optimize production processes for maximum efficiency are necessary skills for this role. The Production Engineer will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Assist in overseeing plant operations, including safety, efficiency, product quality, scheduling and staffing.
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing day-to-day production results, from which he/she will develop findings, draw conclusions, and make recommendations. Investigate and troubleshoot any problems that arise with processes, procedures, and operations.
- Will set area priorities, assign work to staff and mentor employees. Provides technical supervision and instructions to Plant Operations team.
- Utilize engineering knowledge to assess process, procedures, and parameters, then recommend methods and / or modifications to optimize the process.
- Have ownership of training, coaching, and administering discipline and/or corrective actions for the Plant Operations team.
- Works with maintenance and engineering to achieve a high level of process efficiency and plant reliability.
- Assures product quality by ensuring the necessary quality control checks are being tested and the necessary process adjustments are executed to maintain in-specification finished product.
- Responsible for meeting production requirements within time and budget, considering constraints agreed upon in advance.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Clearly and effectively communicate ideas and findings to management and colleagues.
- Contributes to the design of engineering projects, ideas for safer, cost-effective, and/or new techniques.
- Develops and oversees implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Performs varied technical functions and economic evaluations. Collects and evaluates information from multiple sources and incorporates related information into processes.
- Develop and implement quality control measures that effectively monitor products and guarantees desired results.
- Follow and adhere to all state, federal and company enforced safety rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline required.
- 2+ years proven experience in process, production, engineering, and for project engineering.
- Has solid experience in starting up new manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Uses basic knowledge of the process to solve problems and recommends corrective action.
- Has conducted engineering projects. Applies standard engineering theories, concepts, and techniques and applies a working knowledge of related disciplines.
- Introductory PLC Programming understanding & experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to do material and energy balances for key unit operations in their assigned process area.
- Understanding of complex process problems and ability to develop, recommend and implement cost effective solutions.
- Strong skills in communication (verbal and written) and will be a leader for plant operations.
- Employee works with integrity and upholds the values of the organization.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and test new and optimize existing processes.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong safety awareness, always adhering to safety procedures and SOPs.
- Background in food ingredient, fermentation, and / or grain processing a plus.
- Knowledge of low voltage industrial communication (4-20mA analog and 24VDC digital) a plus.
MycoTechnology is located in Aurora, CO. We offer a competitive compensation package and a full benefits package that includes 401(k) with matching up to certain levels, paid vacation days, and holidays. Additional benefits include breakfast, snacks, beverages, onsite gym, free rail and bus pass and more.
MycoTechnology, IncWhy Work Here?
We are an innovative food ingredient company utilizing mushroom fermentation technology. Great benefits (including an EcoPass) begin day 1!
Incorporated in 2013, Aurora, Colorado based MycoTechnology, Inc. is a food technology company that harnesses the metabolic engine of mushrooms, known as mycelium, to create novel ingredients that solve the food industry’s biggest challenges. Our innovative ingredients and transformative technology offer solutions for sugar reduction, food insecurity, sustainable protein, natural immune support, and much more. For more information, please visit www.mycoiq.com.
18250 E 40Th AveAurora, CO
ManufacturingView all jobs at MycoTechnology, Inc