MyLife is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer with strong Java development experience. This position is part of the Search Platform Team and fills a Sr. Software Engineer role with expertise in building scalable platforms.
As a senior member of our team, the candidate will be responsible for enhancing the company’s Solr and Elasticsearch based search clusters. The Platform team is tasked with adding new data sets and moving our big data sets from Oracle to Elasticsearch. All team members must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding, good communication skills, and most of all, enthusiasm for tackling complex problems.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities with the potential of expanding:
- Hands-on coding: develop and maintain high quality code base, consistently delivering challenging, stable and maintainable projects on schedule
- Keep documentation up to date
- Research, architect, plan and test, the integration of system upgrades and the introduction of new technologies to existing platforms
- Stay current with new technologies, and industry best practices; particularly those dealing with Java frameworks, Design Patterns and NoSQL storage systems
- Researching and developing solutions to meet enterprise wide needs.
- 5+ years of strong, hands-on Java, J2EE development skills
- Strong Experience in Lucene based search, either ElasticSearch or Solr
- Strong Experience developing Java MapReduce jobs and executing on a Hadoop HDFS system
- Strong Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Strong Knowledge of NoSQL technologies
- Experience with Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Maven & Multithreaded programming
- Experience with O/R mapping tools like Hibernate or MyBatis
- Experience with relational database design, Oracle or MySQL
- Experience with messaging systems like ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ or ZeroMQ
- Experience with application servers like Tomcat/JBoss and web servers like Apache/Nginx
- Mastery of object oriented design, design patterns, and programming skills
- Experience working cross-functionally with a Product Manager or Email Marketing Campaign Manager preferred
- High proficiency with SQL and database design (PL/SQL a plus)
- Working knowledge of Unix, preferably Linux
- Experience with building large scale, distributed, highly scalable enterprise server systems
- Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills; ability to work with various cross functional teams on multi-team projects (Agile/SCRUM)
- Strong sense of commitment and responsibility.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent 8+ years of relevant experience
What's in it for you:
- Great Base Salary
- Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Casual Atmosphere
- Amazing benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA and 401k
- PTO & Paid Holidays