Our mission at MyComputerCareer is to help our students develop the skills necessary to permanently and positively change their lives and futures by attaining financially rewarding and personally fulfilling careers in Information Technology.
Perks and Benefits:
- Life Insurance provided by employer
- Short- and long- term disability plans
- PTO accrual plan
- Closed Sundays
- IT certification tuition reimbursement
- Competitive wages
- Working with awesome people!
- Changing lives
The Assistant Director of Education for the Arlington Campus is responsible for managing the education department on their campus. It includes but not limited to managing full-time Instructors, Flex Instructors, Lab Assistants, Information Technology Assistants (ITAs), and Substitute Instructors.
The ideal candidate will have educational administrative experience and ability to manage a team of highly skilled technical educators. You should be results-focused to prepare students to complete the program successfully.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Assistant Director of Education, Arlington Campus, you will:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team, focusing on respect, and setting an example by displaying our core values.
- Meet weekly with the Campus Director and Director of Education, Ground Campuses to report and review the overall status of the education department for the campus.
- Assist the Campus Director and oversee compliance and ensure regulations and requirements for all regulatory bodies are always being maintained for the education department.
- Serve as a primary member of Campus Leadership driving all campus functions in the event of a vacancy in the Campus Director role
- Conduct Instructor weekly one-on-one meetings and ensure that all students are reaching satisfactory academic progress at midpoint and graduation.
- Perform Instructor classroom observations for their campus and ensure that these are performed on-time and reviewed and recorded with the Human Resources Department.
- Manage the constant progression and updating of instructor certifications to ensure they are current within compliance rules and regulations.
- Provide continual training and coaching to all Instructors, ITAs, and Flex Instructors with the goal of transforming well-qualified educational staff to fill future successive roles within the company.
- Manage and develop continuing education for Instructors when they arrive on campus to ensure they are adequately prepared to teach and coach students to success
- Perform the first-week on-board training for new instructors on their campus and all ongoing campus instructor training.
- Identify and onboard new Flex Instructors, Lab Assistants and Information Technology Assistants (ITAs) and provide them with initial and developmental training
- Contribute to the selection of new Instructors on your campus
- Manage and maintain all educational employees PTOs and absences
Lead Student Success
- Cultivate a team culture by sharing excitement and passion for our mission of changing student lives.
- Manage communication with students with attendance issues.
- Manage student’s certification progression to achieve Career Services eligibility.
- Excellent computer skills and commitment to the use of technology.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Confidentiality is a must for this role.
- Ethical conduct at all times.
- Positive and helpful attitude.
- Exemplify core values: Ethical, Customer 1st, Love, Excellence
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of in-class teaching or training experience in a formal higher education setting is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of practical work experience in the IT industry (within the last ten years) is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of team management or supervisory experience preferred
- Candidates with a different combination of instructional and technical training experience and practical work experience will be considered.
- Proactive and organized.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Travel Expectancy: 20% - 25%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other duties, as assigned by their manager
We provide educational opportunities, including high demand certifications, for one aspiring to become an Information Technology professional. Our programs are designed to prepare students for direct entry into the job market and provide hands-on instruction. It is our goal to specialize in those areas for which the job growth potential is highest. Our hallmark is personalized, practical, real-world instruction that best prepares the student for his or her future while meeting the needs of employers. And, we pledge to accomplish that in an encouraging, resourceful, and enabling atmosphere.
To learn more about our company, please click here: www.mycomputercareer.edu