Our mission at MyComputerCareer is to help our students develop the skills necessary to permanently and positively change their lives and futures by attaining financially rewarding and personally fulfilling careers in Information Technology.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
● Life Insurance provided by the employer
● Short- and long- term disability plans
● PTO accrual plan
● Closed Sundays
● IT certification tuition reimbursement
● Competitive wages
● Working with awesome people!
● Changing lives
In addition to being able to perform the functions and duties of the Career Services Specialist, the Career Services Manager will take on assisting the department in a leadership role by providing additional guidance for the career services team members, and support for the Director of Career Services through quality assurance, training opportunities and a focus in facilitating continuous improvement with the evolving needs of our students.
They are action-oriented, forward-thinking, upbeat, and a proven relationship builder. A track record of success in building strong business to business relationships and the development of prospective candidates, including interviewing skills and resume development is essential. The selected candidate will build a personal rapport with the career services team and support them in transforming our students and graduates into expert job seekers and productive employees.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded individual, who leads by example and has strong verbal and written communication skills. You understand the importance of being compliant with regard to local, state and governing bodies in general. You are team minded; effectively implement resources to produce desired outcomes and appreciate our core values of Integrity, Customer First, Love and Excellence.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Career Services Manager - Ground, you will:
● Ground Campus Career Services Specialists will directly report to the Career Services Manager
● Ability to manage a mixed team of remote and local staff members consistently.
● Ability to mentor and effectively lead the career services team members in all aspects of the professional development process to ensure we are offering our students and graduates an unparalleled professional development program to support the core values and the mission of MyComputerCareer.
● Coach and develop a high functioning team to execute day-to-day operations of core career coaching student services on campus including the ability to foster effective communication and a positive work environment.
● Drive the Career Services Team to create new relationships and build on existing relationships with employers to maintain a steady flow of job leads in the technology industry to meet weekly and monthly goals.
● Conduct daily observations & provide coaching on the Career Services Team’s ability to readily assess the talents of the individual students they speak with and their ability to match and market them with the pipeline of job leads available.
● Assist in training and driving the implementation of our new Career Services Management (CSM) system, MyCareerConnect.
● Ability to exercise discretion and apply independent judgement to address employee problems.
● Ability to resolve potential problems from a broad perspective to identify the underlying root cause.
● Ability to articulate high-level interpersonal situations.
● Research industry and employer trends; compile and communicate updates to staff.
● Facilitate weekly team meetings and bi-weekly 1-on-1 meetings with all team members.
● Promote high standards of career services by streamlining and updating material content in workshops, providing regular evaluations of staff member presentations, providing constructive criticism, weekly audits of resumes prepared by staff, etc.
● Ensure consistency of communication and documentation, providing constructive criticism, weekly audits of documentation, including PGEVFs, TWC forms, etc
● Facilitate onboarding & new hire training
● Assist in the creation and maintenance of all policies & procedures related to the process of Career Services Placement and Eligibility.
● Manage and provide professional development plans for career services team members
● Identify departmental areas of concern and perform other related duties as required
● Perform miscellaneous duties as needed
● Ability to travel up to 20%
● Professionalism, trustworthiness, and ethics
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Innovative and results-oriented
● Possess analytical and problem-solving abilities
● Detail-oriented and organized with an ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
● Effective verbal, presentation, and listening communications skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
● Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience.
● Experience in recruiting and/or sales environment
● Experience in developing and/or writing processes & procedures a plus
● Expert in developing presentations and delivery to accommodate all learning styles within in the classroom
● Must have experience in a Leadership or Management Role
● Salesforce experience and knowledge of IT certifications a plus
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other duties, as assigned by their manager.
We provide educational opportunities, including high demand certifications, for one aspiring to become an Information Technology professional. Our programs are designed to prepare students for direct entry into the job market and provide hands-on instruction. It is our goal to specialize in those areas for which the job growth potential is highest. Our hallmark is personalized, practical, real-world instruction that best prepares the student for his or her future while meeting the needs of employers. And, we pledge to accomplish that in an encouraging, resourceful, and enabling atmosphere.
To learn more about our company, please click here: www.mycomputercareer.edu
Why Work Here?MyComputerCareer owns and operates private accredited colleges across the United States as well as via the Internet from our corporate headquarters near Raleigh, North Carolina. Our schools serve the needs of thousands of students while giving employers an educated and skilled workforce in the markets where we are located. We provide educational opportunities, including high demand certifications, for one aspiring to become an Information Technology professional. Our programs are designed to prepare students for direct entry into the job market and provide hands-on instruction. It is our goal to specialize in those areas for which the job growth potential is highest. Our hallmark is personalized, practical, real-world instruction that best prepares the student for his or her future while meeting the needs of employers. And, we pledge to accomplish that in an encouraging, resourceful, and enabling atmosphere. To learn more about our company, please click here: www.mycomputercareer.edu
Awesome company with room for growth, amazing mission, aggressive pay, and company sponsored benefits!