My Support Staff
Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently seeking both Automated Side Loader and Rear Load Drivers for immediate hiring. As a Residential Driver, you will operate refuse collection vehicles on assigned routes to pick up garbage and yard waste. Your responsibilities will include performing pre-trip and post-trip truck checks and cleaning. You will work under supervision and your performance will be reviewed through direct observation and discussions.
- Must have a valid Class A or B CDL for the state of operation and a clean driving record.
- Minimum of 1 year of previous experience operating a Residential vehicle requiring a CDL within the past 7 years.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Familiarity with refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices, as well as Department of Transportation and State requirements for commercial motor vehicle operators.
- Normal hearing and vision capabilities with or without correction.
- Normal range of body motion.
- Ability to drive a rear loader refuse truck following legal and defensive driving practices.
- Proficiency in manipulating heavy equipment control levers.
- Ability to follow designated refuse collection routes or work schedules.
- Competence in understanding and carrying out oral and written instructions.
- Good written recordkeeping skills.
- Adequate English language proficiency for effective communication with customers, co-workers, dispatch, supervisors, and understanding highway and traffic signals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Safely drive the truck on a predetermined route within the prescribed time, adhering to Decision Driving principles.
- Collect and dispose of garbage and refuse into refuse trucks along the designated residential route.
- Unload refuse trucks at designated disposal facilities.
- Provide courteous and efficient customer service, ensuring different levels of service are delivered to the general public and customers.
- Identify and tag improper refuse containers and waste.
- Perform daily pre and post-trip inspections following procedures and D.O.T. guidelines, including under hood checks, undercarriage inspection, fluid level checks, and tire pressure checks.
You will work in various environmental conditions, including temperature variations, weather elements (heat, cold, snow, rain, wind), noise, vibrations, fumes, odors, and dust.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The physical requirements include:
- Independently push or pull 50 pounds between 800 and 1000 times a day.
- Independently lift 50 pounds from the ground to waist height between 800 and 1000 times a day.
- Get in and out of the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 800 and 1000 times a day.
- Bend at the waist and knees between 800 and 1000 times a day.
- Work 8 to 12 hours in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, and snow).
Each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short-Term Disability. We provide a company match on 401K, Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
Disclaimer: Please note that the duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are subject to change based on the specific needs of the organization. While we make every effort to provide accurate and up-to-date information, the nature of the job may require adjustments and flexibility in tasks and assignments. Any changes will be communicated and discussed with the employee as necessary.
My Support StaffByhalia, MS
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.