My Next Career Path Staffing Valley Center, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
My Next Career Path Staffing - With over 20 years’ experience in Technology Staffing, MNCP Staffing matches candidates to the culture of an organization as well as required skill sets.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for ensuring proper operations, maintenance service and repair of all equipment while supporting the goals of guest satisfaction, cost control, and profitability. He/she is also responsible for overseeing preventative maintenance and ensuring that all rooms and public space meet company standards. The Chief Engineer is expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities, including overtime if necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree plus 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree plus at least 2 years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Current Certification pertaining to trade requirements (i.e. HVAC, refrigeration and boilers) as well as proficiency with high voltage (220V, 277V and 480V) single phase and three phase.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure, situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information/data etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the need(s).
- Must be effective at listening, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with, and understand, financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work with management and staff, as well as, outside support to develop and maintain a continuing atmosphere of peak guest and employee comfort and safety.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, team building, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Must be able to handle demanding situations and be willing to work any shift and long hours when necessary.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the development of the annual business plan and budget for department expenditures.
- Approach all encounters with guests and teammates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required, which will vary according to the needs of the company.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag as well as proper PPE, when working.
- Comply with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient resort operations.
- Review Facilities teammates hours for payroll compilation.
- Assist in motivating, coaching, counseling and discipline of Facilities teammates according to company standards.
- Assist in implementation of ongoing training for all Facilities teammates to achieve the highest level of the guest experience.
- Manage daily maintenance and repairs on all building mechanical systems, equipment and tools, public areas, guest rooms and central plant (chillers/cooling tower).
- Manage maintenance of all HVAC, kitchen, electric, gas (propane), and steam-powered equipment, energy management equipment and operation of fire-life-safety systems throughout property.
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs to include heating, cooling, electrical, television, phone, plumbing and utility systems.
- Assist in the coordination of all inspections of the fire-life-safety systems, including fire pump, smoke alarms, etc. to maintain proper safety standards.
- Assist with management of energy expenses and continually work towards energy conservation throughout the resort.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage, as scheduled.
- Ensure that the Preventative Maintenance program is implemented and administered according to company standards.
- Evaluate and spot check the work of all teammates and contractors or outside vendors.
- Oversee, and ensure, guestroom maintenance requests are addressed and handled in a timely manner.
- Follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause; determine emergency status and report to Security and Property Operations Manager with findings.
- Ensure that teammates are, always, attentive, friendly, courteous and helpful to guests and all other teammates and managers.
- Act as emergency contact person.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, teammates and other departments.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with all resort teammates.
- Ensure consistent, high quality maintenance standards are maintained for the entire property.
- Responsible for the proper scheduling of teammates, ensuring a high level of guest service while maintaining control of labor costs.
- Motivate teammates in their respective areas.
- Supervise assigned personnel, assuring that each employee receives appropriate training and timely performance appraisals in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring ADA compliance for casino and hotel areas.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Recommend teammate promotions.
- Handle teammates' complaints.
- Recommend disciplinary action and disciplines teammates, if necessary.
- Monitor legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to respond calmly, and make rational decisions, when handling guest and employee conflicts.
- Must be capable of maneuvering for prolonged periods of time.
- Responds to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, as well as, maneuver up and down stairs.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures as hot as 117 degrees or as low as 10 degrees below zero.
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must have the manual dexterity to grab, grip, type, pull, hold, tear, sort, reach, and file appropriate paperwork.
- Must be able to operate the following equipment: computer, telephones, fax, and copy machine.
- Must possess the coordination and dexterity to work with sweepers, high-pressure steamer, company vehicles, manlifts, forklifts, and other necessary equipment.
- Must be able to perform physical and mental duties required of engineering personnel.
- Must be able to learn and retain locations, operation and repair procedures of this property’s mechanical systems, equipment and fire-life-safety system.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondhand smoke, dust and bright lights.
Please contact MNCP Staffing for more details at TOLL FREE 844-579-6627 or email@example.com
My Next Career Path Staffing
My Next Career Path Staffing is a full service Staffing Firm where we are dedicated to providing a great candidate experience and where we match our candidates to career opportunities that meet their objective, vision and passion.