100-150K + 15K Signing Bonus
MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER (REMOTE)
This company is experiencing explosive growth! They have a fun, collaborative and supportive atmosphere that is passionate about helping their employees build a career. They are highly supportive of certifications and continuing education. **These positions can be remote from anywhere in the US. Candidates must have established the legal right to work in the US.
The ideal candidate will have Wholesale Mortgage Underwriting experience.
• Serve as subject-matter expert (SME) within the team and provide direction, guidance, and training to staff members
• Manage pipelines to ensure all loans are reviewed in a timely manner and according to guidelines and policies
• Assist manager in performing second-level loan reviews as needed to ensure accuracy
• Review processes and procedures and provide recommendations to management regarding ways to optimize efficiencies
• Review loan applications and identify missing or incorrect information
• Calculate consumers’ income and examine credit histories, assets, and collateral
• Analyze property standards against appraisal values
• Assess credit worthiness to determine if borrowers meet Ability to Repay (ATR) and Qualified Mortgage (QM) requirements
• Determine final credit decisions based on company policies and investor guidelines
• Understand and maintain a thorough knowledge of all policy updates
• Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Adhere to company quality control requirements
• Maintain relationships by effectively communicating with internal and external customers in a timely and professional manner
• Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to communicate with internal staff and external clients as needed
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Ability to maintain a customer focus and efficiently and consistently produce accurate work in both individual and team settings
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Solid knowledge of computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Ability to lead a team and provide guidance and training to lower-level staff members
• High school diploma or GED
• Associate degree or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of residential or wholesale mortgage underwriting experience, including 3+ years with multiple designated certifications
• Active DE CHUMS, LAPP, and SAR certifications/designations preferred
• Strong understanding of credit and an ability to perform mathematical calculations and review highly-complex financial documents
• Advanced knowledge of loan origination investor guidelines and federal and state compliance regulations
Biggest need is Wholesale so ask about that experience
DE is a plus but not required.
Manager said he needs "conventional" people bad..?
These are open due to explosive growth. These are hourly non-exempt roles. There are times during blitz campaigns where they could earn 2X OT
- Aggressive base compensation plan
- Guarantee 10% increase to your current base salary- they are going on word of candidate but they could reserve the right to require a W-2
- Monthly incentive program
- Up to $65 per file; Underwriters currently averaging over $3k per month. During blitz campaigns this jumps to $150/file
- Sign on bonus
- Eligible for $15,000 to come join our family. Everyone is eligible. It pays 1/2 after 30 days and 1/2 after 90 days. There will be a reach back language where it has to be paid back if they leave before a year.
- Retention bonus
- Earn up to 30% of your base salary over a 2-year time frame on top of the monthly incentive- paid quarterly. Can pay more based on production goals
- Earn up to $150 per decision for working a voluntary “blitz” period during certain extended hour campaigns
- Earn double overtime pay instead of typical time and a half for extended hours
- Career Path
- We have an internal focus to help you obtain additional designations to support your professional and personal growth
- Work from home opportunityBenefits - 401K matches 100% up to 3% and has a cliff vesting of 2 years. Eligible after 90 days. Health insurance starts the first of the month following 30 days/employeement. 15 PTO days + 3 floating holdiays.
- 556 employees. Plano is HQ- 5 locations(call centers)
30 year olf company. Backing of PIMCO so strong financial stability. New CEO in 2018 restructured back with 2 profitable divisions. Now a highly profitable company that is expanding their product lines.
Ops people are generally remote- training is done virtually. Can be anywhere in the US(underwriters, closers, etc.)
One interview decision.
My Headhunter LLCGreat position with growth and stability.