My City Transportation Baltimore, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
This position reports to the General Manager and ensures day to day operational excellence for the Paratransit Services.
Daily Operations Management
- Ensure proper/timely reporting and data collection procedures are in place and followed.
- Ensure Operations Department budget performance in coordination with the MYCITY operation manager.
- Support the dispatchers and supervisors in the day to day management of operations and service delivery.
- Communicate regularly with THE CONTRACTOR staff, particularly regarding operational issues.
- Implement programs to minimize service problems and improve service in coordination with THE CONTRACTOR.
- Initiate complaint reduction strategies in coordination with other department heads.
- Provide direct oversight of and problem solving with supervisors.
- Ensure an excellent relationship with the maintenance manager and support department managers.
- Identify potential problems and institute corrective actions.
- Initiate reduction programs and increase communications with labor to reduce grievances.
- Attend Mediation and Arbitration hearings when required.
- Work closely with THE CONTRACTOR Management on issues related to service.
- Establish Goals and Objectives for all Operations employees.
- Develop Memoranda of Understanding with all Fire, Police, Emergency Departments at City, State, and Federal level for Support of these Departments in times of crisis in coordination with the MYCITY Manager.
- Attend Union Contract negotiations for Management.
- Promote Safety and a Team Spirit with all employees.
- Ensures all employees are following established Safety Procedures.
- Develop programs for productivity savings.
- Inspect and complete Quality Control checks of the bus fleet, taking all necessary corrective actions required.
- Communicate all Bus Fleet problems with the maintenance manager.
- Monitor operator on-time performance and customer satisfaction.
- Develop programs for productivity improvements.
Investigate and perform timely follow-up, responses and reporting of customer complaints. Investigate grievances and conduct 2nd step hearings to facilitate resolution compliant with the labor Agreement.
- Review Daily Operations Report; recommend and take corrective actions as needed.
- Chair/moderate monthly employee meetings, including preparation of agenda and minutes.
- Ensure optimum operator staffing levels are maintained.
- Assist General Manager with the management of employee relations and is responsible for the promotion of positive employee relations in the operations department.
- Is an active member on all interviews of potential new supervisors.
- Oversee the screening, selection and hiring of supervisors in accordance with THE CONTRACTOR contract requirements, policy, and budgets.
- Regularly communicate with supervisors to ensure they have relevant information about goals, objectives, operations status and operator performance.
- Review and approve weekly payroll with staff to ensure it meets budget.
- Coordinate and track supervisor schedules, including vacations.
- Handle complaints concerning supervisors and document appropriate disciplinary procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communication-Communication refers to the ability to inform orally and in writing, with clarity and good effect. It means to understand clearly and quickly when instructions or orders are received. It means judgment about what information is important and what is not, and what should be communicated, how, to whom and when.
- Organization- Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Time Management- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Customer Service- Refers to the ability to satisfy the expectations and requirements of customers. Displays courtesy and sensitivity and responds promptly to service requests. Identifies customer needs and explains services clearly. Handles difficult situations.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgement- Refers to the ability to make decisions in a timely fashion that are sound, accurate and supported by the reasoning and inclusion of appropriate people.
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 3-4 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software. Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook a must.
- Valid Driver’s License required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must be capable of bending, reaching, crouching, and climbing.
The employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures, heights, and loud machinery or equipment. The employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
My City Transportation
RetailView all jobs at My City Transportation