Assistant Operations Manager
My City Transportation Baltimore, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- This position reports and provide support to the General Manager in the day-to-day operational excellence for the Division’s Service Requirements.
Daily Operations Management
- Ensure proper/timely reporting and data collection procedures are in place and followed.
- Support the dispatchers and supervisors in the day-to-day management of operations and service delivery.
- Communicate regularly with THE CONTRACTOR staff, particularly regarding operational issues.
- Review and verify Operator scheduling efficiency in relation to Service Planning.
- Ensure the high quality of service THE CONTRACTOR and our customers expect is maintained or exceeded.
- Implement programs to minimize service problems and improve service in coordination with THE CONTRACTOR.
- Initiate complaint reduction strategies in coordination with other department heads.
- Develop programs for productivity savings.
- Inspect and complete Quality Control checks of the bus fleet, taking all necessary corrective actions required.
- Communicate all Bus Fleet problems with the maintenance manager.
- Manage the performance and assist with performance appraisals of employees.
- Ensure an excellent relationship with the maintenance manager and support department managers.
- Attend Mediation and Arbitration hearings when required.
- Review and ensure timely follow-up and resolution of customer complaints.
- Ensures all employees are following established Safety Procedures.
- Payroll inputting and payroll reports
- Uniform Inventory Management
- Recruiting system and new hire document tracking
- Personnel File management
- Attendance Tracking
- Training management
- Ensure optimum operator staffing levels are maintained.
THE SPECIFIC CONTRACT communications
Attend all THE SPECIFIC CONTRACT meetings, including citizen advisory group meetings, and provide support and responses as may be requested during these meetings.
Meet routinely with THE SPECIFIC CONTRACTOR to report on quality of service, operational/maintenance matters, labor relations, service issues and matters of contract administration.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communication-Communication refers to the ability to inform orally and in writing, with clarity and good effect. It means to understand clearly and quickly when instructions or orders are received. It means judgment about what information is important and what is not, and what should be communicated, how, to whom and when.
- Organization- Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Time Management- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Customer Service- Refers to the ability to satisfy the expectations and requirements of customers. Displays courtesy and sensitivity and responds promptly to service requests. Identifies customer needs and explains services clearly. Handles difficult situations.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgement- Refers to the ability to make decisions in a timely fashion that are sound, accurate and supported by the reasoning and inclusion of appropriate people.
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 3-4 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software. Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook a must.
- Valid Driver’s License required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must be capable of bending, reaching, crouching, and climbing.
The employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures, heights, and loud machinery or equipment. The employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
My City Transportation
BusinessView all jobs at My City Transportation