Consumer Protection and Regulatory Compliance Specialist
What Is MyBambu?
MyBambu is a financial institution delivering the first all in one mobile digital banking solution targeting the Hispanic unbanked and underbanked population. The mission of MyBambu is to promote financial inclusion to the unbanked and underbanked by providing an array of financial solutions delivered via mobile devices. We give an overlooked audience a convenient, safe, and cost-effective way of managing their finances. MyBambu’s objective is to promote financial literacy and access to unbanked/underbanked individuals, who have previously been left behind. In 2020, we were honored to be recognized as FIS’s Impact Award winner for innovation in the next frontier of the Modern Banking Platform. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work in their career offering an environment that’s made up of a passionate and goal-oriented team.
MyBambu participates in E-verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new hire’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Find out more information: E-Verify Participation Poster or Right to Work Poster.
The impact that you can have at MyBambu is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of MyBambu on a massive scale. Someone who takes work seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take MyBambu—and their career—to the next level.
This position is a full-time, in-person position reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer. A Consumer Protection and Regulatory Compliance Specialist
has a key role in the implementation of policy and regulatory requirements in areas of consumer protection, banking, privacy, and other relevant federal, state, and local regulations. A Compliance Analyst also determines if modifications are necessary through continuous monitoring, reviews, and research procedures to avoid internal oversight by the institution.
- Review legal and customer-facing disclosures, and correspondence while providing insight into business practices that ensure compliance with consumer compliance regulations.
- Act as a resource for the implementation and execution of policy and regulatory requirements in the areas of consumer protection, banking, privacy, and other relevant federal, state, and local regulations throughout product design and marketing campaign development.
- Perform compliance monitoring reviews to detect systemic and procedural issues to ensure that the corporate outline is compliant with fluctuations in consumer protection regulation and law.
- Contribute to developing documentation and approval of compliance parameters for projects, capability development framework, and other related tasks across different business components.
- Identify areas that contain compliance violations and execute necessary remediations.
- Conduct the integration of effective controls and ongoing monitoring into new and existing applicable capabilities.
- Ensure compliance between the financial institution and all applicable laws and industry best practices for social media when utilized by employees and representatives.
- Monitor and report any potential violations of the Social Media Compliance Policy.
Skill and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, good humor, and enthusiasm for tackling complex challenges.
- Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously, with an effective resolution of competing priorities.
- Exceptional listening and analytical skills.
- Solid time management skills.
- Must be able to effectively deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Must adapt well to change and successfully set and adjust priorities, as needed.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) is a plus.
- 4 years of experience in financial compliance.
- Degree or certification in compliance, risk management, or business-related fields, preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of consumer compliance regulations including Reg Z, UDAAP, Reg B, yes and Reg E.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be up to date on the latest laws, regulations, and protocols of compliance.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (intermediate Word, Excel).
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.*
My BambuWest Palm Beach, FL
Finance and InsuranceView All My Bambu Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.