Hot Rod Harley Davidson is a growing organization setting the pace in the motorcycle industry. We have been serving west Michigan for over 100 years We are a company by riders for riders. We are committed to delivering exceptional experiences to our employees, our customers, and our communities.
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Business casual dress code
- A fun environment!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist service department manager in maintaining a smooth running efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Diagnose problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the repair order
- Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer
- Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness
- Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work
- Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of parts before job starts
- Perform cashier functions, as needed
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs
- Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders
- Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including and proper storage of these items
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Promptly notify customers of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
- Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
- Avoid making commitments which cannot (or likely will not) be met. Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
- Superior communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- Knowledge and experience with servicing Harley-Davidson/Buell motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with point-of-sale and Parts and Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers.
- Current, valid motorcycle license.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Seniority Level
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
My Auto Import Center