Mutual of Omaha Mortgage Omaha, NE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mutual of Omaha is a Fortune 400 Company. Mutual of Omaha Mortgage is inspired by hometown values and a commitment to being responsible and caring for each other. We exist for the benefit of our customers and employees.
Mutual of Omaha Mortgage is a full service lending company offering both Forward and Reverse Mortgage products including a complete line of residential mortgage, refinancing, specialty, and HECM loans. We employ a knowledgeable staff of experienced Loan Officers and Mortgage Bankers with an operations team that is second to none. If you are interested in joining a team that promotes from within and works together toward a common goal of helping customers with their mortgage needs please review and apply for our opening below!
We offer an extensive compensation package. Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, company paid life insurance, 401K with a generous employer match and additional benefits such as Free Legal Services and an Employee Loan Program.
The purpose of an Underwriter is to accurately evaluate and underwrite mortgage loan files submitted by retail and wholesale production channels, in accordance with company policy and investor guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Evaluate risk in accordance with all investor guidelines and company policies
- Review all aspects of the loan file, including title and appraisal reports
- Set the terms for approval and compliance or identify reasons for rejection
- Ensure regulatory compliance and completeness
- Effectively communicate all loan decisions to sales channels and management, as needed
- Accurately review and input pertinent loan data into operational systems
- Utilize FHA Connection to update loan data as needed
- Utilize VA portal to update loan or appraisal data as needed
- Work closely with all operational departments to establish productive and efficient work flows
- Complete required checklists and worksheets
- Minimum 5 yrs in mortgage loan underwriting
- FHA Direct Endorsement strongly preferred
- VA LAPP/SAR endorsements strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, but not required
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products
- Strong customer service and time management skills a must
- Highly motivated and determined to succeed in a competitive, time sensitive industry
Powered by JazzHR