Class C Driver Hyattsville MD
- Posted: over a month ago
To deliver a great customer experience while providing our customers with timely, accurate, friendly, and efficient transport services with the delivery of perishable and nonperishable products to their destination, utilizing a Company-owned vehicle; to bring products into the facility, present the bill, and collect payment. Additional responsibilities may include inter-company deliveries between our locations and/or our corporate office, as deemed necessary.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Possess a valid State Driver's license and have a driving record free of infractions.
- Required to pass drug and alcohol tests,s and medical examinations.
- Valid DOT Qualified preferred.
- More than six months of 16 feet or 18 feet commercial Truck driving experience is required.
- Ability to operate manual transmission preferred.
- Ability to drive continuously throughout scheduled shift
- Ability to operate a GPS and organize deliveries efficiently.
- Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines on a timely basis.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language. (Japanese a plus not required)
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried, and/or processed products, spices, and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Maintain good communications with Associates and Management throughout the organization.
- Perform other projects/assignments as designated by the Warehouse Manager as directed.
- Maintain valid documentation for the use of the vehicle (i.e., license, registration, insurance).
- Report to the supervisor any work-related parking ticket or moving ticket by filling out the parking summons sheet on the day of the accident.
- Required to take the driver’s safety training yearly
- In case of a vehicle accident, drivers must take pictures of cars affected and the surrounding area, file an incident report the same day of the accident and report to the direct supervisor immediately after the accident occurs • Utilize vehicle for authorized Company business only.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized vehicle, adhering to and following automotive service recommendations on at all times.
- Ensure the complete order is loaded for delivery and safely secured in the vehicle.
- Obey all traffic regulations and report any traffic incidents.
- Make timely and efficient deliveries.
- Ensure all payments are made in full.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work environment.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils, and equipment in accordance with Department Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep the floor clear of debris and spills.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by the department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Stand at workstation for the duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
Other Essential Functions/Requirements:
- Required to travel out of the state of Maryland, possible stay overnight 2-4 days out of the week depending on locations and customer demands
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; or
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift, carry, pull, push up to 25 – 50 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
- Stand/walk – constantly
- Reach above shoulder level – occasionally
- Twist/turn head – occasionally
- Bend over/stoop – occasionally
- Climb steps/ladder – occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionally
- Requires frequent exposure to cold temperatures
- Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks, scooters)
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Supplementary Insurance
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Washington Mutual Trading, LLC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
1sth Shift 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Mutual Trading Company
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?