Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
- Prepare, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable
- Create invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintain and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions
- Draft correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment
- Create reports regarding the status of customer accounts as requested
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Collections Manager and other staff
- Collaborate with the Collections Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis
- Assist in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger
- Assist Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month
- Copy, file, and retrieve materials for accounts receivable as needed
- Relay changes of information to appropriate employees
- Perform other related duties as assigned
*Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time; This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned*
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Problems-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required
- Ability to sit at desk for extended periods of time
This job description and specifications are not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this job. It is not intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal requirements of the Dispatcher’s position within this capacity.
New York Mutual Trading, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company seeks to always attract, hire, promote and retain the very best people. Our policy with respect to all decisions affecting terms and conditions of employment is based on merit and is to treat applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, domestic or civil union, or marital status, disability, genetic information, armed forces, and veteran status except where such considerations are bona fide occupational qualifications permitted by law.
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This may include providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate for an otherwise qualified individual to perform the essential functions of the job. It is your responsibility to notify the Human Resources Department of the need for accommodation
Mutual Trading Company
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Receivables Clerk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.