- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- General Description: The person in this position must have management experience and an advanced knowledge of horses. He/She must be a highly organized, adaptable, collaborative and responsible leader. A college degree in equestrian/equine studies or management is preferred but bot required.
- Assists in daily operations of the barn
- Oversees and tends to maintenance of barn, equipment, pastures and arenas
- Monitors horse care procedures and safety precautions - including but not limited to overseeing daily care and turnout, updating all supplement and medication schedules as needed
- Observes horses on a daily basis for signs of illness, injury, lameness... notifies appropriate person for assistance and advice
- Consults with trainers and then documents all information pertaining to horse care
- Grooms for trainers
- Assists with cleaning of tack
- With input from trainers, participates in the training of MLP mustangs - this training will include understanding and executing groundwork, riding, and preparing mustangs for the weekly after school MLP program
- With input from the trainers, participates in the training of young horses - will include but not limited to basic ground exercises, relationship building skills such as good manners while leading, proper haltering, leading, lunging...general foundation skills for riding preparation
- As needed - attends and manages scheduled shows according to mutually approved and agreed upon dates
- With owner’s input and by request only, updates website on a monthly or bimonthly basis
- Available to haul horses to shows, clinics, vets as needed – not required
- Assists vets, farriers, chiropractors on all farm visits
- Participates in the after school weekly MLP program
- Reviews with other instructors basic teaching methods and information to be presented
- Participates in the preparation of the weekly agenda with input from other instructors and owner.
- Prepares monthly, individualized reports with input from instructors on the progress, opportunities and challenges of the students. Presents the reports to the owner and other instructors for feedback.
- Travels with MLP students, faculty advisor and owner to special events/shows and other educational opportunities
please visit the website for detailed information about the company
Mustang Leadership Partners,LLCWhy Work Here?
Opportunities to serve low income youth and grow as a leader in the equestrian field. Offering relocation assistance and temporary housing.
mustangleadershippartners.com please visit the website for detailed information about the company