The graphic designer is responsible for creating design solutions, both print and digital, that have a high visual impact appealing to our target market. The qualified individual should be capable of taking projects through the phases of concept, design, production and delivery.
Responsible for high-level design and implementation of various aspects of our online presence, such as email campaigns, web user interface design, promotions, page layouts, landing pages, ads and other online components for our marketing needs
- Create print collateral for the marketing and internal departments, such as flyers, brochures, posters, and business cards
- Experience with print production and printing mass quantities
- Experience with trade show booth design
- Project management skills are critical including adaptability, time management, meeting objectives and deadlines
- Demonstrate advanced technical knowledge and skills, such as interactive design, user experience and marketing techniques, and applies them to Musicians Institute’s marketing objectives.
- Use drive and vision to determine emerging graphics technology and pushes to adopt these technologies in Musicians Institute environment
- Maintains up to date knowledge of marketplace trends in all product categories and graphic applications.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts both individually and with the creative team
- Present rough comp to finalized ideas and concepts to Director of Marketing
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Extensive knowledge of visual design, layout and typography for print and the web
- Highly proficient with CS6 Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Adobe, Acrobat, Wordpress, and Powerpoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to acquire information and produce desired results from co-workers and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with coworkers
- Ethical / Honest - evidence of the practice of a high level confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done with the ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:· 5-7 years experience in print and digital design
· BA Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing or related field
· Must present a portfolio of work, ideally a personal website displaying all creative experience.
TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
The following machines, tools, equipment and / or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/ or software used will vary.
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Web Design Programs
- Company information system applications.