Director of Marketing
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director of Marketing is an on-site position who creates and executes the annual Marketing Plan to ensure that Musical Theatre West maintains artistic prominence in the community through both traditional media and social media outlets, helps to expand audience demographics and increase sales, and expand MTW’s consistent and unique brand that reflects both the live musical theatre experience and MTW’s position as a market leader. This is not a remote working position.
Primary Areas of Responsibility Include:
• Serving as the lead staff person for developing, implementing, and subsequent analysis of marketing and social media strategies for the company, including assimilating discussions and recommendations from both the staff and board committees.
• Coordinating the design concepts, layout, content, creation, and distribution of all marketing materials relating to the company, including but not limited to season brochures, show postcards, posters, banners and flyers, print advertising, radio and /or television advertising, and online advertising. Ensuring that the presentation of all materials reflects the vision of the company, the essence of the show and that the materials are accurate.
• Managing the overall design and content of the company’s online presence, particularly the company website. Ensuring that the website is updated regularly and that the information on the website is accurate and timely.
• Supervising the design, content, and distribution of online and digital communications.
• Developing a marketing and social media schedule in accordance with the approved budget for each production and the season as a whole, providing regular reports to the Executive Director, and making recommendations on how to target the marketing budget for upcoming productions based on previous shows’ outcomes.
• Collaborating with the Community Outreach and Public Relations Coordinator to create a master calendar of Marketing and Public Relations that serves as the framework for all scheduling regarding marketing and outreach, ensuring that deadlines are met, and recommending revisions to the calendar as needed.
• Coordinating and scheduling all marketing, press, and archival photography and videography.
• Ensuring that social media accounts are maintained and updated.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or a related field OR 6 years of experience in marketing, advertising or a related field
• Demonstrable experience managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns
• Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools
• Working knowledge of ad-serving tools
• Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines
• A willingness to embrace and further MTW’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
• Experience in marketing for theater and/or performing arts organizations
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent project management and time management skills
• The ability to multitask several projects at the same time with similar deadlines
• Close attention to detail
• The ability to maintain diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality when handling sensitive information
• Able to model positive communication and behavior working with staff and board members from diverse backgrounds
• Comfort with creating, maintaining, and navigating databases
• Experience with ticketing software is helpful but not required
Special Environmental Factors
Fast-paced, open office environment, frequent interruptions, background noise.
Salaries: $65,000 - $75,000 annually (commensurate with experience)
Minimum 40-hour work week (including some evenings and weekends)
Please send a cover letter and resumes to: JOBS@Musical.org
Musical Theatre West pursues potential staff candidates who represent various race, ethnicity, socioeconomic backgrounds, gender identity, age, physical ability, LGBTQIA+, and diverse viewpoints, who also have an interest, background, and skillset in musical theatre. We will recognize the importance of equity for job candidates in terms of training and experience.
Musical Theatre West
4350 E 7th StreetLong Beach, CA
Get fresh Marketing Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.