Director, Software Engineering
Music & Arts Frederick, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental
The Director, Software Engineering will be the head of software engineering for Music & Arts, one of the fastest growing businesses within Guitar Center. This person will provide leadership and vision in all phases of application systems development for the delivery of effective enterprise applications to meet internal and external customer needs. We are looking for someone who can build and revolutionize how we develop software here at GC. The person will work closely with Guitar Center’s IT leadership team and CTO to transform the technology backbone at Guitar Center.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Inspire the developers who support 3rd party enterprise applications and SaaS solutions.
- Champion new ways of thinking of how we develop applications and code here at Guitar Center.
- Serve as the primary interface between IT leadership and third party vendors.
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of application systems to ensure acceptance and proper use of the applications.
- Support and provide technical leadership for all departmental projects.
- Manage tech support and dev ops.
- Ensure the maintainability, scalability, upgradability and flexibility of the application platforms.
- Introduce design thinking and work closely to build software in a SAFe Scale Agile framework.
- Direct, prepare, and maintain software design specifications, system flow diagrams, performance reporting, and other system documentation.
- Provide 24X7 applications support to the call center, distribution center, sales team, and related business units.
- Drive software marginalization.
- Participate in departmental management processes such as planning, employee development, and scheduling.
- Responsible for compliance with Sarbanes Oxley/PCI Policies as it pertains to Configuration Management, Security and Business Continuance.
- Work with other IT partners to ensure optimal performance of the applications.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar.
- 12 years of relevant work experience in managing and providing application development or support for functional business systems required.
- Experience leading and mentoring software engineering teams in a SAFe Scale Agile environment is required.
- Experience managing global teams for engineering and operative support and development preferred.
- Experience building cloud native applications required.
- Full-stack, hands-on software development and database systems experience, including .NET, X++, C#, and Java Script required.
- Expert knowledge of SQL, with specific experience analyzing and developing applications to optimize database performance, required.
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley/PCI environments preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 preferred.
- Advanced understanding of retail application functionality (e.g. order management, procurement, inventory management, fulfillment, manufacturing, financials), including features, configuration, and support, preferred.
Music & Arts opened for business in 1952 and now operates over 200+ stores throughout the country. Music & Arts locations are full-line stores featuring band & orchestra instruments, guitars & keyboards, printed music, music lessons, instrument rentals, and musical accessories. Our mission is to bring the best in music to families, schools and individuals while providing the highest level of customer service.
Music & ArtsWhy Work Here?
We offer the perfect blend of career advancement, compensation & recognition for a job well done in the growing music instrument industry.
Career-minded? Goal-Oriented? Looking for a position which rewards you for your hard work and experience? If you would like to combine your passion for music with your excellent work ethic, Music & Arts is the place for you! Music & Arts opened for business in 1952 and now operates over 200+ stores throughout the country. Music & Arts locations are full-line stores featuring band & orchestra instruments, guitars & keyboards, printed music, music lessons, instrument rentals, and musical accessories. Our mission is to bring the best in music to families, schools and individuals while providing the highest level of customer service.