Shipping and Receiving Specialist
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist will be responsible for sorting, delivering and metering mail, using the Neopost IN-700 series postage meter as well as the day-to-day operations and security of the loading dock.
- Organize outgoing mail by internal cost centers and the accurate accounting of metered mail
- Assist in all the physical operations of Shipping/Receiving and the loading docks
- Responsible for the offloading and moving of all deliveries inbound
- Identify and inspect deliveries in order to ensure compliance with shipping documents and purchase orders (if applicable)
- Assist in ensuring the cleanliness, safety and security of the loading docks and mailroom area
- Take directions and instructions on all daily task and assignments from the Senior Shipping & Receiving Specialist and collaborates in keeping things running in an effective and timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as required or requested including but not limited to all retail fulfillment and web fulfillment functions. Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager, maintain all receiving, transfers and replenishment for the stores and work in the web fulfillment area to pick, pack and ship all web orders.
- General computer knowledge, including experience using Windows 10 and corporate e-mail
- Working knowledge of all software and programs used by Neopost/Quadient mail processing machinery (the operational and accounting software that drives the IN-700 meter) and of the EMS web view software
- Experience in processing and handling first class letters and flats
- General understanding of processing packages and parcels using USPS, UPS, FedEx and DHL shipping programs
- Experience in understanding and following USPS rules and regulations
- Familiarity with the IMPB barcoded label under USPS requirements and rate structure
- Clean driving record and a legal driver’s license required
- Must be able to lift and distribute items up to 50lbs in weight, including large pieces of construction material and items of a high value and fragile nature required
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact professionally and respectfully with Museum colleagues, volunteers and vendors
- Ability to work as a team member with fellow co-workers when faced with heavy offloading challenges
- Ability to demonstrate the Museum’s core values of inclusion, excellence, service, care, curiosity and shared accountability.
Full-time Salary, 40 hours per week.
The Museum reserves the right to change job descriptions. While this job description is intended to include essential duties, it is conceivable that job duties may change before the job description is officially revised.
This position is affiliated with the UAW Union.
The MFA is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, the MFA does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Museum of Fine ArtsBoston, MA
Transportation and StorageView All Museum of Fine Arts Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.