Title: Medical Credentialing Coordinator
Work Location: Maryland Army National Guard (MDARNG)
Camp Fretterd Military Reservation located in Reisterstown, MD.
Work schedule: Full Time - 40 hours/week- 5 days per week. Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. Normal work hours are between 6:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday 7:30am-4:30pm Job Types: Full-time.
Muscogee Staffing Solutions (MSS) is currently seeking a Medical Credentialing Coordinator to provide Medical Credentialing services.
The specific duties and tasks include:
- Maintain contact with medical staffs, commanders, Readiness NCOs, the National Guard Bureau, and the Office of the State Surgeon and it representatives, as well as outside healthcare facilities, to acquire and maintain up-to-date documents on physicians, dentists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, psychologists, and social workers.
- Maintain contact with all MDARNG providers, Centralized Credentialing personnel, and the National Guard Bureau Office of the Chief Surgeon staff to assure that all requirements are being met.
- Identify opportunities for process changes.
- Ensure that all providers' military medical credentialing and privileging verification is initiated, maintained, and transferred as required, throughout the term of each provider's military service.
- Organize, maintain and verify all aspects of the credentialing and privileging process for healthcare practitioners within the MDARNG.
- · Collect all required medical documentation for each provider to be credentialed including but not limited to: medical diploma, DEA license, state license, National Practitioner Database records, malpractice documentation, certifications, post-graduate training records, and references.
- Validate the accuracy and completeness of all records received.
- Ensure all new initial provider applications are complete and initiate their credentialing and privileging.
- Maintain custody of all credentialing materials via the Centralized Credentials Quality Assurance System (CCQAS).
- Track document expiration status in CCQAS and ensure records are updated in a timely manner.
- Verify peer references and answer inquiries regarding a providers' credentialing status to ensure the accuracy of all files by tracking the expiration of licenses and certifications.
- Use validated credentialing materials to build comprehensive credentialing packets, and ensure their absolute integrity, for submission to the Centralized Credentialing and Privileging Board (CCPB). Attend CCPB meetings and present credentialing packets to the Board for approval. Utilize validated credentialing materials to create state privileging packets for approval by State Surgeon.
- Upload records to build and maintain provider profiles to include, but not limited to, demographic information, educational documentation, continuing education credits, intra-facility credentialing transfer briefs (ICTBs), custody transfers, and adverse action reports.
- Build ICTBs as required for all providers attending Annual Training or mobilizing outside of Maryland. Validate document currency for all records in the ICTBs prior to submission.
- Follow-up on all ICTB submissions to ensure their completion and transfer to the gaining facility.
- · High School Diploma
- · Experience in Medical terminology
- · Medical credentialing experience in a hospital, clinic, managed care, or healthcare staffing setting.
- · Working in a Military Environment: 3 years (Preferred)
- · Medical Credentialing: 5 years (Preferred)
- · Associate Degree (Preferred)
- · A valid US driver's license.
- · Must have proficiency with the use of MS Office suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and have computer skills in data management.
- · Experience working in a military environment.
- · Must submit no less than two professional references with resume.
- · The successful candidate must be able to complete and pass extensive background investigations, and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- · Must possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
- · Previous experience of working with Federal Government Agencies is highly desired.
MSS offers exceptionally attractive employee benefits which include: · Holiday Pay · Paid Time Off · 401K · Flex 125 · Health · Vision · Dental · Disability · Life