Title: Grant Writer
Work Location: Haskell Indian Nations University, Lawrence, KS 66046
Work schedule: Full Time - The normal duty hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, with the exception of Federal Government holidays, with a one-hour lunch period each day.
Muscogee Staffing Solutions ( MSS) is currently seeking a Grant Writer who will prepare grant applications and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with funding requirements, coordinate with department administrators to identify University projects that are compatible with available funding sources, track the status of grant applications, and provide additional information as required, work with appropriate personnel to expedite internal processing of grant proposals and maintains a positive, proactive relationship with community organizations, city officials, non-profit agencies and other educational institutions to assist in compliance and process efficiency.
The specific Tasks to be performed are:
· Conduct meetings with PI on grant goals.
· Research grant opportunities and identify 50 -75 potential applications based on University priorities.
· Meet with PI on eligible grant opportunities
· Select grants for application and review with SP and President
· Initiate contact with potential stakeholders and partnerships
· Meet with PI on selected applications and outline the goal and objectives, activities, and deliverables.
· Develop estimated budgets.
· Continue working on sections in the grant application in coordination with PI
· Initiate the development of proposals for submission.
· 1st Draft of proposal review with PI for modifications and edits.
· Final review of proposals for accuracy before submission.
· Submission of proposals.
· Ability to listen, and translate vision into practical ideas, plans, and outcomes.
· Creativity, ability to research, and conceptualize ideas clearly to various types of stakeholders • Superior communication, presentation and relational skills.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
· Organized and administratively strong.
· Excellent planning and time management skills.
· Creative and strategic thinker.
· Self-directed and motivated with a “can do” attitude.
· Meets deadlines.
· Proven ability to work under pressure; flexible.
· Strong sense of personal accountability and follow-through.
· Relational skills and outlook.
· Passion for writing, research, and reporting
· Works well with a variety of types of people.
Experience and Education Required:
· Minimum bachelor’s degree
· At least 3 to 5 years of experience in a nonprofit/educational /government grant writing/development role
· Proven track record of researching topics and persuasively translating them in written form
· Experience with writing proposals
· The successful candidate must be able to complete and pass extensive background investigations, and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
· Previous experience of working with Federal Government Agencies is highly desired.
MSS offers exceptionally attractive employee benefits which include: · Holiday Pay · Paid Time Off · 401K · Flex 125 · Health · Vision · Dental · Disability · Life
Muscogee Staffing SolutionsMuscogee Staffing Solutions LLC, a Native American Tribally-owned SBA 8a and HUBZone Certified professional services company. MSS invites you to join our team. MSS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).