Decision Support Analyst - Data Quality Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Decision Support/Data Quality Analyst – Direct Hire
Position Location: Remote
Data Governance and Data Quality team is responsible for the overall management of data quality dimensions ensuring data completeness, data uniqueness, data timeliness, data integrity, data validity, data accuracy, and data conformity. On a daily basis, this role collaborates with Data Architects, Data Analysts, Data Integration and Database management and internal Business units to gather requirements, and prepare technical requirements documents, data flows, author and maintain data quality rule book.
- Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation.
- Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
- Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
- Determine how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools.
- Use broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems.
- Take the lead in driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
- Take the lead in defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Creates and/or develop new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
- Perform modeling of data sources and flows, work with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
- Provide assistance and, depending on skill and experience, lead with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
- Develop and maintain moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, R, SQL) and other database technology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in or related to Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics
- An advanced degree in or related to Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research
- 3 years of relevant, progressive experience in Industrial Engineering or Operations Research, or related field. Grandfathered experience requirements effective August 2016
- 1 year of SQL experience or querying Databases
- Technical documentation skills (authoring standards document, preparing data flow Visio etc.)
- 1 year of Experience working in Agile environment/JIRA
- 1 year of experience working in the Healthcare Industry
- 1 year of data profiling experience
- Strong technical skills in the mainframe, PC and Internet-based technologies to be effective and must be comfortable and proficient using large and complex databases.
- Strong skills using various third-party office and report generation products such as Microsoft Office, Business Objects, Cognos, and Enterprise Guide.
- Strong communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting findings and offering recommendations to senior management.
TechnologyView all jobs at Murtech