Senior Cloud Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA 15222
The Cloud/Advanced Technology Engineer role is responsible for the effective and efficient setup and architecture of the cloud infrastructure and supporting platforms. The Cloud/Advanced Technology Engineer will be responsible for the design, integration and troubleshooting of the cloud infrastructure across several business applications. Works collaboratively with technical and business stakeholders on the cloud capabilities required to support the infrastructure environment; providing the resilient design that is repeatable for application modernization and cloud deployments
The Senior Cloud Engineer must be able to work effectively as a subject-matter expert in the Bank’s platforms to provide support for a cross-functional team, including:
· Architect team (Security, Networking, Platform, Application)
· Application development team
· Bank Operations and Platforms Engineers
· IT and Business stakeholders
Primary Success Factors
1) Implementing cloud infrastructure architecture using Infrastructure as Code tools like Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, and Docker.
2) Build the Infrastructure as Code while considering reuse, extensibility, and scalability requirements
3) Deploying foundational AWS services VPC, IAM, Security Groups, NACLs, KMS, Secret Manager, SSM, Routes, EC2, EKS, ELB, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail
4) Managing a Kubernetes environment, knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, AWS CodeCommit
5) Performs the ongoing administration and configuration of the Bank’s Cloud Infrastructure (private and public) utilizing knowledge of cloud native solutions and operating systems such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Windows Server\Desktop, Linux Platforms, Oracle Databases along with supporting applications.
6) Assist in defining technical standards, governance and compliance with cloud standards and policies such as ensuring all cloud security measures are incorporated into infrastructure implementation and maintaining business continuity and disaster recovery processes.
7) Conducts routine monitoring and analysis of the cloud environments to include audit log reports evaluation, system and storage utilization reports, site and system usage, growth reports, etc. Monitors and test performance for potential bottlenecks and identify possible solutions to resolve issues.
8) Develops and details best practices for supporting cloud applications and assists with defining appropriate support model to provide production support that improves application availability, quality, and performance by ensuring achievement of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and participating in required support calls
9) Maintains collaborative working relationship with business partners, technical services (database, servers, desktop, networking, security) and software vendors as needed. Understands customer’s business implications and incorporates understanding into technical and process improvement recommendations
10) Actively participates on large and complex projects as an individual contributor for analysis and capacity planning of cloud infrastructure resources design which meet project requirements and support department standards.
11) Demonstrates commitment to welcome, value and foster a climate that promotes and fully leverages team diversity. Participates in employee development through training and technology transfer to existing technical support team members.
12) Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure safe and sound business operations. Develops and implements software and configurations to apply appropriate system security mechanisms.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
2. Five or more years’ experience in technical infrastructure\systems support role; three years of that experience working with cloud native solutions or similar job function
3. Experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in Cloud Environments including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure
4. Automation mindset when building infrastructure components, enforce governance, establish operational processes, backup, and DR solutions
5. Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
6. Experience with infrastructure-as-code environments, automated server and network configurations, large-scale software deployments, or monitoring and testing, including continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
7. Experience with AWS Landing Zone, Account Factory, Control Tower, SCPs and Guardrails
8. Experience with AWS security tools Guard Duty, Security Hub, Inspector, Config, AccessAnalyzer
9. Demonstrated knowledge of networks, operating systems, system monitoring, security and technology infrastructure; the incumbent will specialize in one or more technical areas, certification in areas of specialization is preferred
10. Major field of expertise should be centered around cloud infrastructure, configuration of server operating systems, systems software, application support and server security
11. Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to function as a member of team, ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently
12. Strong working knowledge of application development, computer operations, and related concepts
13. Knowledge of sound, industry accepted server software support practices and methodologies
Murtech Staffing and Solutions