Murtech Consulting is looking for a Scrum Master to join our team for a 1 year consulting opportunity in Downtown Cleveland.
· Institute a new Application Architect guild model - looking for an individual with experience as Scrum Master, experience as a product owner to help support the team.
· Report to Application Development, support App Architects with continuous improvement, running Agile ceremonies, grooming backlog, write epics and stories for new initiatives.
Qualifications (or Required Skills):
· Facilitate the process for how information is exchanged by Agile development team members. Lead the Agile ceremonies and artifacts.
· Assist product team in learning and applying Scrum to achieve business value in each sprint.
· Monitor and evaluate industry trends for department implementation.
· Help Agile team learn and grow by assessing work and providing ongoing feedback.
· Facilitate the work that flows in and out of the sprint, help the team prioritize the work, and report on progress within sprint to the project manager.
· Own, track, and report the team’s sprint velocity and risks within a sprint.
· Lead the scrum team when new organizational or department agile/sdlc changes are required to achieve successful technology releases for each product line.
· Push scrum retrospective improvements through team, ensure continuous agile improvement.
· Push cross-team or department changes to managers for bi-weekly issue resolution meeting.
· Guide team to define, update, and uphold working agreements to ensure team is aligned and has a strong sense of purpose during each sprint.
· Remove road blocks using peer relationships, and formal channels.
· Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
· Adhere to attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
Education / Experience:
· Bachelors and related experience, or Associates and related experience, or High school diploma and related experience.
· Agile certification.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Ability to work cohesively with a team.
· Agile tooling experience (TFS, Atlassian, VersionOne, etc.).
· Ability to work within/develop an agile work environment utilizing Scrum methodologies.
· Experience as servant leader for Agile Teams
· Experience with Guilds is desirable but not required.
· Experience with application architecture is not required but is desired.
· Lead a backlog grooming session, sprint review, and retrospective.
· Write epics and stories in a fashion that they may be groomed by team members.