Position: IT Field Technician
Pay Rate: $17/HR W2
Location: Des Moines, IA
Hours: Full Time, Mon-Fri, 9-6
Duration: Contract To Hire
• Need 1 resource to perform Break & Fix work for Mon-Fri, 9am to 6pm.
• Candidate must maintain good customer focus meeting deadlines and service level agreements (SLA’s)
• Technician will travel to each client’s location
• Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs Desktop, Laptop, Server and Printers
• Works under general supervision
• 2 years plus supporting Desktops, Laptops and Printers.
• 2 years plus with customer service experience
• Must have experience in repairing printers to the FRU level, not just administrative and preventive maintenance.
• Reliable Transportation (This is a driving position – reimbursed at $0.43/mile)
• Eventual on call after hours that will involve some weekend work.
• Able to work weekends, staggered or late shifts possibly including evenings and/or weekends
• Personable as they will be interacting with a wide range of users and environments
• Can work on a ladder of lift and are able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Organized in managing communications and technical data.
• Able to work from a bent, crouched, or knelled position
• Smartphone with tethering/hot spot capabilities (Reimbursed within Corporate Guidelines)
• Laptop will be supplied
• Basic Hand Tools
• Specialty and network tools will be supplied
Preferred, NOT REQUIRED:
• CompTIA A+
• OEM Printer Warranty Certifications
• OEM Laptop/Desktop Warranty Certifications
• Server experience would be a bonus
• Xerox TCN number and Xerox certs