You will be responsible for the development and execution of hardware qualification test plans and creating supporting documentation. You will play a key role in the critical verification and validation stages of product development including defining test cases and test specifications and creating Quality Test Plans. You will work on a team comprised of engineers across multiple disciplines (e.g., mechanical, ASIC/FPGA development, embedded software), project managers, product marketing, and manufacturing & quality organizations to bring our product roadmaps to life. The environment fosters a collaborative and innovative approach to work with teams across the globe. It is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for product validation to support new product development. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop technically and take on increased scope and responsibility.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with product development Engineers to develop and execute hardware verification test plans with traceability to product requirements
- Functional Safety (IEC 61508)
- Safety Agencies (UL, ATEX, IECEX)
- Environmental and Shock/Vibration
- Board level functional testing
- Design, build and maintain test systems used in HW qualification
- Develop tools and processes to automate hardware testing. Drive best practices across global hardware teams.
- Document test setups, test plans and results
- Create test cases to understand behavior, performance and limitations of electronic hardware and hardware systems
- Develop ladder logic used for HW testing
- Support HW design team as needed for building and board bring up of electronic hardware prototypes
- At least 5 years of experience in embedded hardware development and testing
- Ability to generate tests cases to validate product requirements
- Hands on experience with hardware test equipment, including debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other equipment as necessary
- Experience developing test plans and executing tests for product certification (UL) and/or regulatory compliance (EMC) and hardware qualification
- Ability to read and interpret PCB schematics and perform basic digital and analog circuit analysis
- Programming skills in Ladder Logic
- Strong understanding of regulatory compliance requirements such as UL508, IEC 61010, IEC 61000-6-4, CISPR 11
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.