Murray's Cheese Specialist - Fred Meyer
- Posted: 26 days ago
- $58,500 Yearly
The primary responsibility of the Murray’s Cheese Specialist is to provide strategic,
on-the-ground support for the merchandising, training and operations of Murray’s
Cheese shops in order to enhance customer experience and achieve sales goals.
* This position requires living in or near Portland, OR.
· Responsible for embodying the Murray’s Cheese mission and enthusiastically representing the
brand every day.
· Responsible for leading store teams to execute customer service, merchandising, and sales
strategies to Murray’s standard, in order to achieve sales goals.
· Execute overall Murray’s Cheese training strategy, including but not limited Murray’s Core
Curriculum (RJT, BST, CMT, Seasonal Workshops, etc…) and additional training
modules (Producer Portfolios, etc…).
· Open new stores and train Kroger store associates to Murray’s standard.
· Maintain training records/achievements for internal and divisional teams.
· Assist store teams with responsibilities around Murray’s Cheese Engagement Events including, but
not limited to, coordinating with DCS to influence staffing and set up
requirements for demos, merchandising displays, POP, product needs, etc...
· Build and maintain strategic relationships with the DCS, and other key players, including
but not limited to, Cheesemasters, store teams, store management, DB managers,
etc….in order to advance initiatives within the division.
· Influence hiring at store level, to shape the caliber of cheesemongers behind our counters.
· Communicate on the ground feedback up the chain in order to support development of National
Program strategies. This can include,
but is not limited to, training needs, service needs, merchandising, product
· Utilize all team tools (Focus 5, ESP, etc…) to set individual divisional goals and track
· Schedule travel and store visits to ensure a strategic balance is met, consisting of new store
openings, sales targets, Focus Five and overall territory management.
· Manage T&E within allocated budget and consistently report any discrepancies or issues via
email in a timely fashion.
· Conduct quarterly divisional retail evaluations for home division and present performance and
development recommendations to Regional Team Lead.
· Complete administrative duties including but not limited to expense report, ESP data
entry, scheduling, and Focus Five objectives.
· Support training of new MCS's as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 3-5 years retail experience, preferably in cheese
· Extensive product and industry knowledge, CCP preferred
· Proven track record in meeting sales goals
· Demonstrate a passion for cheese ad all things food
· Ability to analyze and leverage sales reports to take informed actions
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Team player who enjoys collaborating on all fronts
· Must be willing to relocate to specific region of the country to fulfill the needs of the
- Weekly pay
- 3 weeks paid vacation and sick time
- Company 401k match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- TransitCheck commuter benefits
- Discounts on our products and restaurant!
Murray s Cheese
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?