- $22 to $26 Hourly
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk will manage shipping and receiving from vendor deliveries.
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded; checks against suppliers’ count and immediately reports discrepancies to carriers, supervisor, and purchasing officer per company policy.
- Verifies and records all items loaded for shipments.
- Carefully and accurately maintains shipping records for requested categories including goods returned, dunnage, and returnable pallets.
- Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required.
- Notifies supervisor of major discrepancies, over-shipments, or substitutions.
- Prepares bills of lading and dray tickets for shipments.
- Completes information on damage claims for in-transit damage.
- Transports materials on shipping dock with a hand truck or other vehicle as needed.
- Loads trucks using a forklift.
- Performs other clerical duties.
- Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items received.
- Basic understanding of railway, dock, and warehouse procedures.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or inventory software to maintain records, input data, and create reports.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- State motor vehicle operator’s permit for operation of forklift highly preferred.
- Must be able to traverse distribution warehouse and access a variety of storage spaces and shelving units by stretching, squatting, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures in the warehouse and on the loading dock.
Murray Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please visit www.murraycompany.com for more information about our wonderful company!
Murray CompanySan Leandro, CA
Transportation and Storage
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.