- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Come grow with us…
At Murray Company how we operate is defined by shared values that are 100 years in the making. These values include mutual respect, accountability, integrity, and a spirit of collaboration. But it isn’t limited to just that. It’s intelligent, ambitious and highly-driven people joined in purpose to serve our industry clients and one another.
Bring your enthusiasm and unique perspective to Murray Company where you will have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. Join a team that cares about helping you thrive and succeed. We are genuinely vested in your success and our open-door policy affirms that. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers here while migrating through various roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our company and the contracting community. In exchange for your contributions, you’ll enjoy ownership is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, great compensation and benefits, and a matched 401K retirement plan.
Plan, implement and supervise project safety in accordance with 29CFR1926, California construction safety orders, site safety policies and corporate policy.
1. Attend job site meetings as schedule allows or meet job site supervision independently to identify critical work activities requiring work plans and assist with the development of the work plans prior commencement of work activities.
2. Oversee critical work plan activities to ensure we are following the approved work plan.
3. Contact General Contractors/ owner’s site safety personnel to ensure our operations are to their satisfaction, walk site with safety if available, follow up on items that need closure. Ensure work is not delayed due to safety issues.
4. Perform job site inspections, review safety related paperwork, and ensure the scope of the pre-task plan matches the scope of the daily work reports and current operations. Verify job site compliance. Interview employees to see if they are adequately trained and have the necessary tools and PPE required for the tasks being performed, verify all equipment inspections are done by employees using equipment.
5. Ensure field operations are in compliance with Current OSHA regulations, Murray Company Policies and Owners or General Contractor’s rules as specified by contract.
6. Assist with training as needed for the projects specifically to ensure all employees on site have the required training needed, discuss upcoming training needs with the project team and assist in scheduling classes.
7. Assist in updating the certification Training Data Base to ensure all training classes are updated and records are available.
8. Inspect all rigging while on the job site to ensure all is safe for use.
9. Assist with accident and incident, near miss investigation for the job sites and develop safety alerts as a result thereof. Ensure there is a root cause analysis performed and develop mitigation methods when necessary. Foremen and superintendents are to write reports but assistance may be needed when investigating and finding the route cause. Provide appropriate documentation to the GC and Corporate Safety Department.
10. Train crew members in personal fall arrest/ restraint systems, scissors lift operations, powered industrial truck operation, personal protective equipment, power tool safety, confined space entry, and any other safety training required by corporate policy. Conduct daily job site safety and Pre-task audits required by contract.
11. Review and record all required job site safety documentation created by foreman to ensure compliance corporate policy. Coach and correct when needed.
12. Assist in new hire orientation if needed.
13. Conduct work area surveillance inspections and air sampling tests for welding operations as needed for specific work.
14. Assist Safety Department as needed or specific safety related items.
Murray Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please visit www.murraycompany.com for more information about our wonderful company!
AddressSan Leandro, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Murray Company