For over 70 years, Murata Electronics has been a tireless innovator, committed to developing technologies that profoundly change the world around us. Our innovation is inside more state-of-the-art equipment than you may imagine.
Murata solutions enable global product companies to turn their visions into reality - from mobile communications to computers and networking, medical devices to power solutions, smart home technologies to automotive electronics.
Our past innovations drive today's technology, and our present innovations are shaping tomorrow's. Whatever the future holds, you can be sure it will contain Murata.
The Sales Planner is responsible for providing customer satisfaction for their assigned accounts. Within the scope of Total Account Management, the Sales Planner serves as the link between the Customer, Sales, Logistics and the Factory. The Sales Planner has the responsibility to maintain the integrity of the customer backlog and strive to meet our goal of 100% customer satisfaction of their account base.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Demand Management - Entering and maintaining customer demand including: creating and monitoring firm orders and forecast, releasing new orders, monitoring backlogs, processing change orders and cancellations.
- Utilizing PC tools, proactively, to recognize exceptions or potential problems with customer demand.
- Supply Management - Releasing purchase orders to the factory. Managing factory backlog based on customer requirements to include: expedites, push outs, and cancellations. Monitoring inventory and taking appropriate action to reduce the risk of excess inventory.
- Credits - Initiating special billing and credit request with detailed explanation related to root cause; and supplying corrective action as appropriate.
- Pricing - Responsible for manual data entry integrity and accuracy of pricing on all customer sales orders and system price files. Monitoring negative margins and notifying KAM when outside acceptable levels.
- Coordinating price changes and pricing errors in system price file with responsible party.
- Communication - Daily discussions with internal/external contacts regarding order status, pricing, shipment issues, etc. to support customers and resolve problems.
- Inventory - Reviewing slow-moving and excessive inventory. Maintaining details related to root cause of excess inventory in At-Risk Inventory database; actively seeking ways to utilize excess inventory.
- Article Registration - Initiating registration with the factory requesting drawings and/or Ref-Only forms as needed. Following up on Registration (part number) issues and responding to factory requests as needed.
- Systems - Working with various departments to resolve system issues.
- ISO/JSOX Compliance - Knowledge of ISO-JSOX procedures and maintaining accurate records in accordance with these requirements.
Miscellaneous Job Responsibilities
- Accounting Support - Working with warehouse assistant to provide information on outstanding shipments, pricing, etc. to support consignment and or third-party reconciliations (as applicable by customer).
- Reports - Reviewing all daily system-generated reports and taking necessary actions to resolve problems and issues.
- Performing other job-related responsibilities and duties as may be assigned from time to time
Quality of Work
- High School Diploma or GED
- One+ year of experience related to customer service or planning
- Previous experience using operating systems (e.g., Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, etc.)
- Some experience with order management
- Proficiency in judgment and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed facilitation skills to work among individuals from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds
- Must be adaptable and able to effectively manage in a dynamic environment
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with PCs and in using current Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Must possess typing skills for accurate data entry
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in interpersonal skills including effective collaboration and communication skills; ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively evaluate and respond appropriately to situations to the benefit of the customer and to MEA; strong sense of urgency, ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing work priorities and environment; ability to multi-task
- Associate's degree or higher
- Experience working with third-party vendors and/or vendor-managed inventory
Infrequent domestic travel
Imagine the possibilities as a member of Murata's innovative global team.
Let's shape tomorrow together!
Murata offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabilities/Veterans