Effectively execute field service activities on multiple products. Professionally interact with external and internal customers/departments. Generally, this position works under the direction of a Technical Service Engineer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow all corporate safety protocols and report unsafe conditions.
- Perform routine installations and/or maintenance on assigned products.
- Use supplied corporate processes to locate software revisions and appropriate documentation.
- Verify software status.
- Under supervision, perform log analysis of system errors to determine hardware or software issue.
- Effectively troubleshoot issues for both hardware and software.
- Obtain Factory Training and achieve Certification on multiple products.
- Apply company policies and procedures to understand routine issues.
- Professionally interact with, and understand technical information from internal team.
- When necessary, serve as a company liaison between customer and company engineering for daily site operations.
- Understand local site objectives.
- Prepare and submit all necessary paperwork with supervision.
- Travel on short notice, as well as extended travel time (Domestic & International).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates’ degree in related field or other engineering discipline preferred. Technical School or Military Certification is acceptable. Minimum of 0-2 years of technical field service experience in the semiconductor industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of electrical diagnostic instruments and shop/hand tools.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and blueprints and diagnose/troubleshoot electromechanical devices.
- Flexible, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a team player.
- PC skills (MS Office, Excel, Windows)
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain all necessary travel document.
- Presentation skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to work safely in a clean room environment near moving mechanical parts and electrical systems. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious or confined places and there is a possibility of being exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Murata Machinery USA, Inc. offers competitive salary and benefits package that includes: health/dental/vision insurance, short and long term disability, 401K, profit sharing, paid time off (vacations/sick/personal), paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
Murata Machinery USA, Inc.
Why Work Here?Murata Machinery USA, Inc. is a world leader in machine tool technology, automated material handling systems and textile machinery. The Muratec brand is synonymous with industrial automation and reliability across our extensive product line. Murata Machinery USA, Inc. offers competitive salary and benefits package that includes: health/dental/vision insurance, short and long term disability, 401K, profit sharing, paid time off (vacations/sick/personal), paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement. EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled
Be part of a team with great opportunities for career advancement!