Spacecraft Thermal Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
United States, California, Menlo Park | Boulder | LA
About Muon Space
Muon Space is working at the forefront of satellites, advanced sensors, business intelligence, and climate science to allow humanity to close the loop on climate change. From satellite missions to modeling to data analytics and actionable insights, we believe measuring, understanding and predicting Earth’s complex, coupled systems is both a great business opportunity and key to leaving future generations a livable, productive and healthy planet.
We are a geographically diverse company with teams in the San Francisco bay area, Los Angeles, and Boulder, Colorado. We seek great talent wherever it may be.About the role
Muon seeks an experienced Spacecraft Thermal Engineer to support the development of our next-generation remote sensing platform. The ideal candidate can go deep on design and analysis but also has a “systems mindset” and will be a force multiplier working with other disciplines to arrive at an elegant, well-balanced design.
Being an early stage startup with a small team, both breadth and depth are extremely important. We expect this individual to be able to do detailed analysis in a finite element package, perform “hand calcs” for analytic results, specify thermal environments, limits and margins to other subsystems, design and execute thermal validation plans at both the system and module levels.Responsibilities
- Lead the thermal design efforts for a complete spacecraft mission lifecycle
- Design and define requirements for spacecraft thermal management subsystems working closely with other subsystem leads
- Build and execute simulations to understand expected on-orbit thermal performance
- Inform /implement thermal components in Muon’s integrated systems modeling tools
- Design the thermal verification and validation approach for the spacecraft
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to validate hardware systems at both the unit level and spacecraft level
- M.S. or higher degree in an engineering field, preferably Mechanical
- Extensive experience as a individual contributor thermal engineer
- 8+ years of experience working on thermal design/simulation for spacecraft or aerospace systems
- Extensive experience running thermal simulations for spacecraft
- Experience designing and executing thermal tests (e.g. TVAC) for spacecraft
- Excellent communication, presentation, and coordination skills
- A dedication to decision making based on the most important factors and data
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with new challenges each week
- Software skills in one or more of Python, Matlab, C, C++
- Experience as a systems engineer
- Mechanical CAD experience
- Mechanical/structural analysis experience
At Muon, our mission embraces the entire planet and we believe our team should too. Muon is dedicated to creating a diverse and dynamic company and workforce. We believe in equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you need a reasonable accommodation as part of your application for employment or interviews with us, please let us know.
Muon Space Inc
AddressMountain View, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Muon Space Inc