OR 1st Assist/General Surgery APP - Orthopedic Surgery Clinic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The APP-OR 1st Assist/Orthopedic Surgery provides direct 1st assist expertise to the operating surgeon during various Orthopedic operations. Provides clinical judgment and specialized care to the orthopedic patient population. The goal is to optimize patient outcomes both surgically, as well as through pre and post-operative education. The APP will also assist in coordination of care with seeing orthopedic surgical patients in the ambulatory setting.ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Licensed by the State of Michigan to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Master of Science degree in Nursing and is ANCC or ACNP board certified as a Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS), Master of Health Science (MHS) or Master of Medical Science (MMSc) and is board certified as a Physician Assistant
Experience in the area of orthopedic surgery required; OR surgical first assistant experience required.
Candidate must apply for and be granted clinical privileges through MMC’s normal credentialing processes before rendering services.
Is a self-directed professional with the ability to make independent judgments in providing direct patient care/surgical first assist and coordinates hospital care for general surgery patients.
Demonstrates computer skills and willingness to learn necessary health IT applications that promote maximum clinical efficiency.
Reports to Reports to the Practice Administrator, Orthopedic Surgery and Medical Director for Orthopedic Surgery.
Provides direction to RNs, LPNs, Medical Assistants, and other staff as appropriate.
Works collaboratively with all physicians involved in patient care and all members of the patient care team.
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare with a focus on True North.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- This is a self-directed professional practitioner with the ability to make independent judgments in providing direct patient care.
- Attends CME seminars and conferences to maintain licensure and currency in field.
- Admit patients to the hospital, perform daily rounds, write orders, daily progress notes, discharge summaries, etc.
- Pre & post op education and teaching with patient and family.
- Prescribe both pharmacologic agents (pre & post-op), and non-pharmacologic therapies (ie: PT, OT, NST, etc.).
- Order/interpret diagnostic imaging and tests/labs.
- Coordinate care provided by multiple specialists including surgeons, hospitalist providers, cardiology, urology, nursing staff, etc.
- Diagnosis and comprehensive patient assessment and management.
- Complete patient FMLA, return to work, other forms as needed.
OR 1st Assist –
- First assist orthopedic surgeons in operating room daily with scheduled and add-on surgical cases.
- Assist OR coordinators with correct case card selection/supply/equipment needs.
- Assist OR circulating RN and surgical tech with appropriate supplies and equipment/flow of surgical cases to enhance efficiency.
- Pre & post-op order placement/management.
- Performs comprehensive patient assessments in the ambulatory setting, including history and physical examinations, orthopedic consultation, routine office follow up care, and post-operative care.
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as echocardiograms, stress tests (exercise or pharmacologic), x-rays, ECG’s, laboratory tests, and interprets test result.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and other therapeutic treatment for the benefit of patient health.
- Performs therapeutic procedures, as needed, including post-procedure wound care.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
AddressTraverse City, MI
HealthcareView all jobs at Munson Healthcare
Get fresh Surgery Scheduler jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.