Medical Business Receptionist - Orthopedic Surgery Clinic
- Posted: November 16, 2022
Munson Healthcare Cadillac - Orthopedic Surgery Clinic
Part Time / Days / Monday - Friday
The Medical Office Associate is a highly organized, detailed, and professional member of the medical office administrative support team. The Medical Office Associate ensures that office scheduling, communications, and billing functions are completed both timely and accurately so that the office runs smoothly, allowing the healthcare providers to administer the highest quality of care to the patient, their family, and visitors.
High school graduate or GED.
A minimum of one year experience successfully working with the public with minimal supervision.
Proficient in typing, Windows, and experience with multiple computer systems.
One year or 32 credits of college and/or training or equivalent experience in a related field.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, delivering exceptional customer service while accompanying patients, family, and visitors.
The ability to work positively with all levels of clinical staff in completion of job responsibilities.
Serves as a role model in demonstrating exceptional job performance.
Experience with Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurance coverage.
Familiarity with ICD-9/ICD 10and CPT codes. Nextgen or other EHR experience desirable.
Proven ability to provide excellent customer service and effective communication in a high volume, fast paced office environment.
- Greets patients professionally in person and over the telephone.
- Obtains/verifies all required patient information and enters the information into the registration system following the screen flow in an accurate manner. Completes all assigned registrations in an expedient manner subject to department requirements.
- Inputs and updates all insurance information in appropriate screens.
- Schedules patient appointments which may include: return office visits, referrals, diagnostic testing/procedures.
- Review instructions/preps, time and dates for diagnostic testing/procedures.
- Collect copays and balances due on patient accounts.
- Respond effectively and in a customized manner to patients and families.
- Solve problems and anticipating peak periods of patient traffic and/or call volume in order to plan workload accordingly.
- Document patient messages/requests in EHR and forward to appropriate clinical staff/physician.
- Generate and print "meaningful use" documents for patient at time of checkout or telephone contact.
- Manages recall, physician scheduling group inbox, message box, or any other special communication assignments as assigned.
- Keeps offices and work area orderly and properly stocked.
- Responsible to access department communications daily utilizing telephone voice mail and/ or e-mail.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Organizational Expectations and Standards:
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC initiatives.
- Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Interaction with customers is expected to be friendly, appropriate and accurate. As the first line of communication with the public and outside callers, this individual must create a professional image through outstanding telephone courtesy, pleasantness, the ability to keep their composure and the use of judgment and tact in dealing with others.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with staff members, ancillary services and medical staff.
- Customer Focus
Ensures customer satisfaction
Clear and courteous at all times, works to resolve conflicts
- Analytical Thinking
Determines priority and distinguishes between critical and non-critical information for problem resolution
- Concern for Order and Standards
Checks accuracy of own work and takes accountability
Reprioritizes quickly to accommodate unexpected demands
Recognizes that others possess valuable expertise and actively solicits others' opinions, ideas, and recommendations. Builds consensus with others
BENEFIT PACKAGE HIGHLIGHTS
Medical insurance with wellness benefit options and flexible spending account, dental insurance, vision insurance, PTO (paid time off) with PTO sell off option, short- and long-term disability insurance, employer paid basic term life insurance, tuition reimbursement, employee discount programs, employee referral program, employee assistant program, 401 (k) with employer match. Voluntary programs and coverage options for term life, accidental death and dismemberment, permanent life and long-term care, critical illness, accident insurance, identity theft protection, student loan relief assistance, will preparation, secure travel services and more.
Munson Healthcare is Northern Michigan's largest regional healthcare provider. We serve 30 Michigan counties with 8 community-based hospitals each with a system of outlying primary care and specialty clinics. We are committed to improving lives in those communities and invite you to become part of that mission by choosing Munson for your career in healthcare.
HealthcareView all jobs at Munson Healthcare
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?