Medical Assistant - Orthopedic Surgery Clinic *$2500 BONUS*
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a part of Munson Healthcare’s commitment to providing quality patient care, qualified applicants accepting certain positions are eligible for a transition incentive with employment commitment. Applicants can learn more about the transition incentive and qualifications when connecting with a recruiter.
$2500 Transition Incentive Bonus Eligible Position
$18.90 - $22.68 Certified or Registered Medical Assistants
$18.00 - $21.60 Non-Credentialed Medical Assistants
Munson Medical Group Manistee - Orthopedic Surgery Clinic
1345 E Parkdale Avenue
Full Time / Days / Monday - Friday
As a member of the patient care team, the Medical Assistant is a healthcare professional that provides clinical and administrative support to physicians, advance practice providers and registered nurses in a healthcare clinic or medical practice.
Credentialed Medical Assistant
High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Currently credentialed as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through the AAMA or as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the AMT.
Non-Credentialed Medical Assistant
High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) and eligible to take the CMA or RMA exam.
Three (3) years of experience working as a Medical Assistant OR in a similar healthcare role preferred.
Must be knowledgeable and proficient in basic clinical competencies.
Experience with EHR is preferred.
BLS certification preferred and must be obtained within 90 days of hire and maintained.
Must communicate effectively and work well with others.
Assertiveness, organizational skills, effective time management, flexibility and self-motivation are essential for the role.
Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position such as bending, stretching, kneeling, twisting, lifting, patient transfer, pushing, and pulling, etc. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Clinical Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
- Taking medical histories
- Explaining treatment and procedures to patients
- Timely follow through and completion of referral requests
- Preparing patients for examination
- Assisting the physician during exams
- Collecting and preparing lab specimens
- Preforming basic laboratory tests including blood draws
- Instructing patients via standardized pathways and protocols
- Preparing and administrating medications as directed by the physician.
- Removing sutures and changing dressings
- Other clinical services as required by specialty
Administrative responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
- Answering phones
- Greeting patients
- Documenting and updating pertinent medical record requirements
- Coding and filling out insurance forms
- Scheduling appointments
- Arranging for hospital admissions, referrals, and laboratory services.
- Using computer applications
Organizational Expectations and Standards:
- Supports the Mission, Vision& Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Always uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Strictly adheres to patient confidentiality.
- Interaction with customers is expected to be friendly, appropriate, and accurate. As a direct contact with patients and families, this individual must create a professional image through outstanding telephone courtesy, pleasantness, and the ability to keep their composure and the use of judgment and tact in dealing with others.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with staff members, ancillary services, and medical staff.
- Perform all duties listed in department specific competencies.
- Provides personalized care for patients while assuring a timely patient flow through the office.
- Act as an advocate for the patient in his/her interactions with health care services.
- Assist health care providers when requested.
- Assists with day-to-day operations as required for optimal patient care.
- Attend staff development programs.
- Directs own continuing education activities and keep skills current, expand knowledge base and comply with entry level requirements.
- Knows the physical requirements of the job and works within the guidelines of the department. Always performs job duties safely, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
- Ability to communicate effectively using various forms of communication (digital/verbal) with all members of healthcare team
- Maintain Infection control standards
- Maintains Regulatory Requirements
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
BENEFIT PACKAGE HIGHLIGHTS
Medical insurance with wellness benefit options and flexible spending account, dental insurance, vision insurance, PTO (paid time off) with PTO sell off option, short- and long-term disability insurance, employer paid basic term life insurance, tuition reimbursement, employee discount programs, employee referral program, employee assistant program, 401 (k) with employer match. Voluntary programs and coverage options for term life, accidental death and dismemberment, permanent life and long-term care, critical illness, accident insurance, identity theft protection, student loan relief assistance, will preparation, secure travel services and more.
Munson Healthcare is Northern Michigan’s largest regional healthcare provider. We serve 30 Michigan counties with 8 community-based hospitals each with a system of outlying primary care and specialty clinics. We are committed to improving lives in those communities and invite you to become part of that mission by choosing Munson for your career in healthcare.
HealthcareView all jobs at Munson Healthcare
Get fresh Orthopedic Surgery Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.