Graduate Nurse- D4 Orthopedics-FT/Night-*Students Eligible for Early Hire Bonus*
- Posted: 2 days ago
As a part of Munson Healthcare’s commitment to providing quality patient care, qualified applicants accepting certain full-time positions are eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus with employment commitment. Applicants can learn more about the sign-on bonus and qualifications when connecting with a recruiter.
D4 Orthopedics is a 24-bed inpatient unit that primarily cares for adults who have undergone total hip, knee, or shoulder replacements. Other patient populations include stable trauma patients, joint revisions, and fractures.
Graduation from a state approved nursing educational program. Currently registered (or planning to register) to take the State board licensing exam. The expectation is that the State board licensing exam will be taken as soon as possible.
Medication delivery and counting of narcotics or witnessing waste of narcotics may not be done until the RN licensure is obtained.
Experience in the clinical area in which application has been made is desirable.
Maintains Basic Life Support certification.
Works under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. Accountable to the unit manager or designee of the assigned patient care unit; ultimately accountable for the practice of nursing to the Vice President, Patient Care Services. Works collaboratively and effectively with all members of the patient care team.
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times
- Maintains professional working relationship with patients, families, nursing staff, providers and the entire health care team.
- Works within the guidelines of nursing and hospital standards of practice, policies and procedures.
- Performs direct patient care activities under the direction, supervision, and delegation of a Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge and clinical competence for applicable patient populations.
- Does NOT administer medications until the RN license is obtained.
- Does not complete all steps of the nursing process. Collaborates with the Registered Nurse for the assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing and patient care.
- Communicates patient care findings and concerns to the supervising Registered Nurse.
- Assists with the medication storage, stocking, transportation, and checking of expiration dates as delegated.
1105 6th StTraverse City, MI
HealthcareView all jobs at Munson Healthcare
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?