Coord IT Roadmap Education Program
- Posted: over a month ago
The Coordinator is responsible for creating alignment between IT, Clinical Informatics, and Clinical EHR Education (CEE) to ensure an effective overall learning strategy, delivery method and resource requirements for successful execution of IT Roadmap Program education.ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in health care education, Informatics or a related field required. Masters degree preferred.
Three years in a leadership role with demonstrated ability to effectively direct the work of others including highly-developed skills in coaching and developing the change vision.
Three years of experience as an instructional designer and/or instructor supporting an adult population. Preferred experience in a hospital or EHR training setting.
Three years experience in the development and implementation of large-scale technology solutions.
Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and highly collaborative; has excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills.
Demonstrated ability to be a change agent in service of organizational goals.
Strong conceptual skills, with demonstrated knowledge and skill in problem-solving, decision-making and critical thinking. Must be able to maintain a global perspective and see impacts and results beyond traditional organizational walls (departments, services, affiliates).
Advanced skills in conducting education needs assessments, solution development, delivery and evaluation. Ability to develop proposals/solutions that meet identified gaps.
Proficient in multiple software programs including computer-based training production tools and Microsoft Windows, PowerPoint and Word. Experience in developing or managing technology-delivered instruction a plus.
Experience using process mapping and other lean methodologies to improve efficiencies and reduce waste. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Requires ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical users and senior leadership.ORGANIZATION
This position is under the supervision of Clinical Informatics leadership and partners closely with Clinical EHR Education (CEE) leadership.
This person works closely with Clinical EHR Education, Informatics, IT, Nursing, Providers, and other Staff to ensure high quality content and delivery of EHR education.
The position coordinates and oversees education plans for the IT Roadmap projects and ensures ongoing communication with IT Roadmap Program Leadership.
Works closely with enterprise structure/architect to ensure alignment with domain strategy.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED No direct clinical contact with patients
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare with a focus on True North.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Embraces and supports the Munson Alignment Framework, including Munson Healthcare’s purpose, mission and values; True North Goals, 2025 Strategic Vision and Goals, and MHC’s Operating System.
- Collaborates with Clinical EHR Education leadership/staff to effectively plan, develop and manage multiple system IT Roadmap education initiatives.
- Ensures appropriate education resources (e.g. development time, instructors, classroom space etc.) are built into the project plan to execute project on time, on budget and with high customer satisfaction. Supports multi-disciplinary efforts to ensure the engagement of those impacted by the technology change.
- Assesses needs for contract resources and manages vendor relationships including contracts, pricing and service definition/quality. Secures approvals for such resources.
- Facilitates coordination, collaboration and communication with IT, CEE, Corporate Communications, Clinical Informatics, Physician Services, and other involved in the execution of IT Roadmap education and change management.
- Ensures key stakeholder involvement and alignment with all aspects of the education plan including, but not limited to education content, education delivery methods and schedule development.
- Provides consultative input to ensure that the Munson Healthcare learning management platforms, such as HealthStream Learning Center (HLC) and other potential platforms, meet or exceed defined needs. Provides perspectives and recommendations in key areas such as content quality, customer interface and communication and compliance reporting. Participates in the analysis of new enhancements and upgrades that will impact the delivery of EHR education.
- Establishes and maintains systems/processes that provide meaningful education data such as education compliance/completion and quality (customer feedback). Identifies and recommends intervention strategies to achieve compliance goals.
- Develops and manages learning strategies to support large-scale software implementations. Research and make recommendations regarding EHR training/education solutions.
- Leads cross-functional teams through process mapping and other lean efforts; implements measurable improvements.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
AddressTraverse City, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at Munson Healthcare