__ High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
__ Valid Michigan driver's license required
__ Current Class A Michigan Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with air brake endorsement required
__ Must have current MDOT physical and clean random drug tests required
__ Previous Commercial Driving experience required
__ Physical requirements: Physically demanding work requiring the ability to lift heavy loads (over 50 pounds), climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl occasionally (0-33% of the workday); must be able to walk and handle materials and equipment frequently (34-66% of the workday); and must be able to work in extreme hot and cold temperatures for extended periods of time (67-100% of the workday)
1. Drives a semi tractor with one or more trailers (18 wheel) on public streets and highways over 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight to transport materials or equipment within the state.
2. Participates in loading the vehicle and is responsible for securing the load using approved devices and methods.
3. Performs daily preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment to ensure proper operation and readiness.
4. Properly documents and reports all maintenance problems and/or malfunctions.
5. Maintains interior and exterior of Munson vehicles.
6. May performs lawn maintenance (i.e., mows lawns, trims shrubs, rakes leaves, cuts, edges, weeds and other grounds keeping tasks) utilizing hospital equipment such as push lawn mowers, tractors, power trimmers, edgers, power hedgers, chain saws and manual pruning and other equipment.
7. May performs snow removal (i.e., shovels snow, sands, salts and other snow removal tasks) utilizing hospital snow blowers, tractors, pickup truck with blade and other snow management equipment.
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.