Customer Service Representative
MuniBilling Greensboro, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title Customer Service Specialist
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
Work Hours: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM or 10:00 AM -7:00 PM
MuniBilling provides a comprehensive Electronic Bill Payment & Presentment as a Service (EBPPaaS) for public and private municipalities, homeowner associations, and property management groups. We offer both subscription and flexible managed service solutions. We are experts in modernizing billing operations. We are devoted to the success of our clients through implementation and beyond.
Headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, we have an informal, collaborative environment and understand the value of feedback and open communication. Full-time, competitive pay, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, life), 401k with company match, and a great work environment.
The mission of MuniBilling Customer Service is to provide real-time answers to common production issues received at the MuniBilling Call Center from both billed customers and MuniBilling utility client end-users. Complex issues are escalated to the appropriate professional service team (e.g., Managed Services or Client Success) for further investigation and resolution.
The Customer Service Specialist contributes to the Customer Service Team by:
- Communicating precise and timely resolution to phone and email inquiries.
- Capturing the customer's perspective of MuniBilling's professional services and technology.
- Identify recurring patterns to problems and participate in root-cause-analysis (RCA) initiatives to prevent a recurrence.
- Acting as a liaison between the customer and MuniBilling service delivery teams on escalated issues.
- Develop and document content in the MuniBilling FAQ Knowledge Base.
Career Growth Opportunities:
MuniBilling offers robust career growth options that include vertical growth within a specific domain of subject matter expertise (SME) and career diversity across other domains of MuniBilling.
- Be the frontline support on behalf of all MuniBilling professional service delivery teams.
- Document incoming calls and email requests into the MuniBilling CRM.
- Resolve issues and troubleshoot problems.
- Provide clarification about using the MuniBilling product and other services.
- Identify potential root causes of a problem and either provide corrective resolution or escalate to the appropriate service delivery team.
- Provide follow-up status to customers on escalated issues.
- Empathize with the customer as you work to resolve their problem.
- React positively to neutralize emotionally charged situations.
- Gather and document feedback in the MuniBilling CRM when resolving customer complaints.
- Seek confirmation to document praise about positive experiences with MuniBilling.
- Track individual contribution to Customer Service Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) metrics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Personal accountability someone who does not need to be micromanaged
- Strong skills in prioritization, time management, and problem-solving.
- Ability to prioritize and perform effectively while empathizing with the customer.
- The diagnostic mindset can gather the appropriate data points and analyze information to render timely resolutions.
- A flexible contributor who can accommodate frequent interruptions and assist other team members as needed.
- Proficient in common desktop tools such as a spreadsheet and word processor
- Proficient in the use of commercial software applications such as Customer Resource Management (CRM) and Helpdesk.
Required Education and Experience:
- At least one year of customer support experience managing call and email inbound communication for a technology company, preferably a SaaS solution provider.
- One year of experience using a CRM-type tool or commercial Helpdesk software application, such as Zen Desk.
- Experience navigating complex software applications with speed and accuracy.
- High school diploma or GED
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Ability to adapt communication style to a wide variety of personalities and situations.
- Skilled at soliciting feedback in both adverse and positive situations.
- Prior experience working in a call center for utility business.
- Technical Savvy to multi-task and navigate through computer systems and applications with speed and accuracy
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
MuniBilling is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. MuniBilling is proud to be a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment or during employment, screening tests for alcohol and illegal drugs may be performed on applicants and employees.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BusinessView all jobs at MuniBilling