Builder / Residential Construction Project Manager
Mungo Homes Winston-Salem, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are growing! Mungo Homes is adding a Builder/Residential Project Manager to our team!
This position is responsible for coordinating and monitoring all of the construction activities in an assigned location(s) to insure consistent methods are being followed to achieve desired results in terms of quality, consistency and timeliness of assigned building projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (performs other duties as assigned)
• Maintain schedule for each building according to a designated start schedule in assigned neighborhood(s).
• Work with Purchasing, Estimating, Quality, Production Management and Land Development to resolve problems and coordinate activities.
• Evaluate project costs and maintain budgets including PO’s, VPO’s and verifying back charges are processed. Communicate all variances to designated contact.
• Examine and inspect work progress and construction sites to verify that safety, construction and performance standards are being met.
• Complete all inspections on time and complete all required paperwork. Additionally, complete daily reporting requirements as required including scheduling and payment approvals.
• Maintain all records and field ledgers as required by the Company, both manually and electronically.
• Develop and maintain relationships with other members of the Production team, customers/clients, and trade partners. Where required, monitor work performance of Punch/Merchandising personnel and/or trade partners. Report both positive and constructive feedback to Production Management.
• Attend meetings as scheduled.
• Provide feedback for improvements to work processes and procedures that can be uniformly applied.
• Interact with customer/client as required.
• Report material and delivery issues, both quantity and quality, to the Production Management as well as Drafting, Estimating & Purchasing.
• Obtain appropriate state building license as required. Pursue continuing education as it pertains to the profession.
• Oversee and manage daily activities of field labor crew where required.
• Pursue continuous improvement within the position working towards the overall production goals.
• Meet or exceed previous performance levels in the areas defined by the key indicators and specific goals for the position and the Production Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
PDF Expert or similar software
KOVA software preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid state drivers license in good standing
- Minimum state required automobile insurance
Mungo HomesWhy Work Here?
"We don't hire people, we adopt them!" says CEO Steven Mungo.
Michael J. Mungo started building homes in the Columbia, South Carolina area in 1954, and still today, the Mungo family is involved in the day-to-day operations of the new home building business. Many of our employees live and play in the communities where we build so you’re likely to bump into us at the grocery store, a football game, or the gym, and we take care of you just as well after the close as during the buying process. In late 2018, Mungo Homes proudly became part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies; and, still family-run, Mungo Homes remains committed to the quality and innovation that has led to our success since 1954!