Conducts group and private swim lessons in a safe and fun teaching and learning environment. Teaches members of all ages and abilities appropriate skills according to the MAC swim lesson program. Has excellent communications skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff and members. Must enjoy working with children. Promotes the MAC code of conduct in club activities and demonstrates the importance of providing quality service to members.
Check out our video for more information about who we are and if the job is right for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmB6EOy9Dxo&feature=youtu.be
- Demonstrate creativity and a high level of energy at all times.
- Create a positive, caring learning environment.
- Work as a team with all fellow Aquatics staff.
- Be flexible and adaptable in the work environment and make adjustments to teaching style based on swimmers' needs.
- Develop and regularly use motivational tools for swimmers.
- Teach children with humor and enjoyment.
- Demonstrate and communicate proper stroke technique instruction.
- Understand swimmers' abilities at different levels of age development.
- Demonstrate responsibility for the safety, activity and control of swimmers in the lesson.
- Communicate ideas of program improvement to Swim Lesson Coordinator and Swim School Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attends swim instructional staff meetings and trainings as directed.
- Maintain regular open communication with the Swim School Supervisor and Swim Lesson Coordinators regarding issues directly related to the program.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Setting up and cleaning up of lesson equipment and changeover of pool configuration.
- Act as an extra guard during swim lessons.
- Promotes member participation in aquatics department programs.
- Handles emergencies, injuries and illness as they arise.
- Promotes the MAC code of conduct for self, staff and members.
- Complies with all club safety policies and procedures, demonstrating safe work practices.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- If approved by the Swim School Supervisor, provides private swim lessons to members in a professional manner while maintaining the MAC swim lesson program standards.
- Must have current American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR-PR/AED, First-aid certifications.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and members.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Previous aquatics instructional experience teaching a broad range of age and ability levels preferred.
- Energetic and creative demeanor
- Must be age 16 or older
Character Traits Required:
- Ability to receive positive and constructive feedback from Swim Lesson Coordinators and Swim School Supervisor
- Transparency with actions; open communication with all
- Motivational and inspirational to young swimmers, parents and instructors to work hard and achieve excellence
- Positive attitude
- Engages individual staff and members with patience and kindness
- Enjoys interacting with a variety of members and staff of all ages
- Good listener, with ability to decipher the needs of others
- Proven partnership qualities and a team player
- Unwavering positive talk, even amidst challenging conversations
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Essential job functions require seeing, speaking, hearing, walking, sitting, standing, and swimming with occasional lifting of students and equipment.
Interested applicants who are not lifeguard certified are encouraged to apply - Paid Training & Certification is possible for candidates who are a good fit for the program!
- Free parking
- Discounted public transportation passes
- 401(K) retirement program with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Facility use and discounted services and meals throughout club
- Full-time employees may choose from a comprehensive health & welfare benefits package
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring supervisor.