Mechanical Design Engineer
Multilink Elyria, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Multilink is seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join out team of professionals.
The ideal candidate will perform all functions to design and develop new or revisions to existing company products. Determines and establishes design and cost parameters through engineering calculations and layouts, in accordance with quality requirements and manufacturing capabilities. Oversees assembly of and tests of custom engineered products or prototypes. Actively communicates with vendors, internal customers, and external customers to obtain and provide information.
- Hands-on product design through use of SolidWorks Software.
- Design new products per customer specifications and internal standards.
- Provide engineering support in the maintenance and manufacture of existing products.
- Evaluate and revise existing product for quality improvement, cost savings, and manufactutability.
- Generate concept, approval, and fabrication drawings in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage several projects at one time.
- Understands and responds to customer and Sales requests.
- Processing of ECNs, ERP requirements, and design reviews.
- Perform tolerance stack-up across features and assemblies.
- Work within cross-functional teams to determine and meet customer and project requirements.
- Associate degree with a minimum of 3 years experience in applicable field.
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 1 year experience in applicable field.
- Experience using SolidWorks 3D modelling software. 2 years minimum.
- Effective knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in workflow processes, product design, and project management.
- Manufacturing experience in metal fabrication and/or plastic injection molding industries preferred.
- Experience using ERP systems and bill of material management.
- Excellent communication skills with various levels individuals, including customers, suppliers, production employees, and executives.
- Effective time management and project management skills.
For over 37 years, Multilink has proudly been innovating solutions in the USA. We are a family-owned and operated manufacturer located in Elyria, Ohio. Over our history, we’ve designed and manufactured products and components for numerous Multiple Service Providers (MSP) network infrastructures, commercial blenders, commercial welding boxes, commercial and residential network equipment, and many other industry-leading solutions. Our solutions change the way we live and work all around the world. Today, Multilink remains a global leader in the telecommunications industry. Our research, development, and innovative ways help turn possibilities into reality within a rapidly growing, connected world.