COMPENSATION INCLUDES STOCK OPTION INCENTIVES.
Senior Process Engineer – e-beam Lithography Systems
As a Senior Process Engineer at Multibeam Corporation,you will be a member of an elite team of engineers and scientists working on various aspects of e-beam columns and multi-column arrays at this independent contractor for the Department of Defense, delivering on sophisticated, forward-looking projects of e-beam technology. This role will require 5-7 hands-on experience in operating and performance optimizing for e-beam systems such as SEMs, e-beam mask writers, e-beam inspection systems or e-beam direct-write systems.
The job involves developing a highly automated lithography system consisting of e-beam columns and arrays, including:
- e-beam array set-up, alignment, and adjustment
- Measurement, monitoring, characterization of electron beams
- E-beam system operation, research and improvements including focusing, stigmatism correction, and beam calibration.
- E-beam writing on wafers and other substrates, development of aligning and writing processes.
- Characterization of all the steps involved for wafer processing: loading/unloading, transfer, chucking, alignment and e-beam writing. Optimize for best performance for particles, repeatability, yield and best on wafer patterning performance
- Characterize patterning on resist, as well as subsequent etching process.
These functions require:
- Familiarity with operating high-vacuum and ultra-high vacuum systems
- Safe operation of high-voltage systems and related equipment
- Performing design of experiments (DOE), data analysis, and reporting
- Ability to work in a team on all matters
- Basic physics of e-beam systems: design, operation, and characteristics
- Familiarity with e-beam systems using Schottky thermal field emitters
- Familiarity with electronics and vacuum technology to participate in diagnosing system problems
- Experience in operating semiconductor processing equipment such as spin coating and plasma etcher and characterization
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with Simion simulation software desirable.
EDUCATION and TRAINING
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in physics, engineering, or related fields; advanced degree is preferred