Chinese Linguist/Screener - TS/SCI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are: MultiLingual Solutions, Inc. (MLS) is a woman-owned small business that provides full-spectrum linguistic, analytical, and training support to the U.S. Military and Intelligence Community, federal civilian agencies, and commercial organizations. With services in over 100 languages and resources in more than 60 countries, MLS specializes in mobilizing the linguistic, technical, and management personnel needed to meet mission critical communications and operational objectives.
We are actively seeking qualified Chinese linguists to support a DoD customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Linguists are responsible for creating summaries, gists, and full translations. This position will be temporarily remote until the customer's security process is completed.Requirements:
- Conduct and prepare accurate written gists, translations, and/or transcriptions of general and technical material consisting of hand-written, audio, and/or video language material and documents in hard copy and electronic formats, using correct syntax and expression from the specific foreign language and in English, in a manner that maintains the integrity and meaning of the material
- Quickly scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information as defined by the customer's standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Provide input to media exploitation team members in the production of written reports developed from target material utilizing the specific foreign language, such as providing a gist (summarization of key points), summary, transcription or written translation of the material
- Leverage technical automated information system skills, such as word processing and data entry, to be used in conjunction with written translations, use advanced language software programs, and participate in forensic processing
- BA/BS and/or equivalent formal military training or 5+ years of related work experience
- Achieve a minimum score of an Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) (3) in the foreign language and a minimum of general professional proficiency (3) for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing in English, with preference given to general professional proficiency plus (3+) or higher
- Military intelligence and/or equivalent experience
- Ability to quickly scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information
- Ability to conduct and prepare accurate gists, translations, and/or transcriptions of general and technical materials.
- Ability to write and speak in a clear, concise, and professional manner in the specified foreign language and English
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, addresses tasks timely and efficiently, and collaborate on group projects
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, and able to learn customer or job-specific software programs and SOPs
- Willingness to work periodic shift work to meet mission demands
- Experience using TED or DHDS
MultiLingual Solutions Inc.
GovernmentView all jobs at MultiLingual Solutions Inc.